SEQUOIA 'BIG PICTURE' HIGH SCHOOL: COMMUNITY MEETING
Join us for a community event to learn more about Sequoia 'Big Picture' High School!
Fair Oaks Library
2510 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA 94063
Monday, February 3, 2014, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Guest speaker: Mario de Anda, Director of Post-Secondary Programs, Big Picture Learning
The proposed Sequoia Big Picture High School (SBPHS) is an innovative new option for students in the Sequoia Union High School District.
Founded by a group of committed local community volunteers, and guided by Big Picture Learning, a national non-profit with a proven school model (100 schools across the U.S. and around the world), this school is designed to fully engage students, personalize their education, and help them take responsibility for their learning.
Projected to open in the fall of 2014, Sequoia Big Picture High School will offer:
- Small School: Personal learning community
- Internships: Real-world experiences make learning relevant
- Advisors: Students work in small groups with teacher/advisors throughout HS
- One Student at a Time: Individual learning based on each student's interests/affinities
- Project-based Learning: Requires critical thinking and in-depth learning