Any issues with online payment/registration can be resolved by contacting us at email@example.com or (804)464-8782.
The RVA Open 2012 is a USAW Sanctioned Olympic weightlifting competition, sanction #12-13-01. RVA Performance Training/CrossFit RVA is hosting this event in conjunction with CrossFit Chesapeake/Wilkes Weightlifting.
Online registration will secure your spot in the competition, save you from worrying about paying day of, and give us important information. We'll use your contact information to keep you up to date on the event, including the number of competitors in each class, and any changes to the event schedule.
Paper registration can be downloaded here, and mailed to 900-A West Leigh Street, Richmond, VA 23220
The RVA Open 2012 will take place April 21st at RVA Performance Training. The location is 900 West Leigh Street, Richmond, VA 23220. We are planning for a 3 session meet based on previous attendance numbers.
- All women
- Weigh-in from 8am-9am
- Lifting at 10am.
- Men's weight classes through 77KG
- Weigh-in from 10am-11am
- Lifting at Noon.
- Men's classes at 85, 94, 105, and 105+
- Weigh-in from 12pm-1pm
- Lifting at 2pm
Schedule will be adjusted if necessary to meet the needs of more or less lifters than planned. Final scheduled will be announced one week out from event date.
# of Competitors
There are 80 competitor slots available. We'll update via the website/social media on the number of competitors as the competition approaches.
Spectators are encouraged to attend. There is a suggested $5 donation to Ring Dog Rescue at the door.
Medals will be given as follows:
- Youth: 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each weight class based on total.
- Juniors: 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each weight class based on total.
- Seniors: 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each weight class based on total.
- Masters athletes will compete for 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each weight class. We will not be awarding medals in age subdivisions. We will use the Malone-Metzler coefficient on the lifter’s Sinclair Total to determine medal placing. In other words, we will be running individual male and female weight classes (58kg, 85kg, etc), but NOT individual age classes (40-45, 55-60, etc)
Best Lifter Trophies will be given to:
Best Male and Female Youth lifters (as determined by Sinclair Total)
Best Male and Female Junior lifters (as determined by Sinclair Total)
Best Male and Female Senior lifters (as determined by Sinclair Total)
Best Male and Female Masters lifter (as determined by Sinclair Total and Malone-Metzler Age Correction Coefficients)
USAW membership is required for all lifters. You can register for a USAW membership here. You will need your USAW number and a picture ID to check-in. School age lifters under the age of 16 should bring a copy of their birth certificate or social security card.
$40 for early registration ($30 for CrossFit Chesapeake/RVAPT members), $45 for day of entries. T-shirts not guaranteed for late entries (postmarked after 4/14/13). There will be no refunds. If, after registering, you cannot compete for any reason you may contact us with the name of the athlete that is replacing you by 4/14/13.