San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
On Sunday Aug 31st, you can participate in two different physical events: a 5K Run/Walk or a CrossFit workout. A donation of $15 is asked in order to participate.
Check in begins at 9:15. The 5K begins at 10:00am. The CrossFit workout will be available to participants throughout the entire event.
Why participate you ask? Outpost CrossFit Owners Ismael and Sophia Rosa believe Sexual Abuse is an under-represented cause that is difficult to discuss and deserves support. If you yourself are not a survivor, it's highly likely that you know a survivor. Outpost CrossFit has chosen to support the Lake County Children's Advocacy Center and Zacharias' Center in order to address three major steps in the process: disclosure, prosecution, and healing.
The staff of the Lake County Children's Advocacy Center work diligently to provide the following services to child victims, their non-offending family members and the community at large:
- Investigations of child sexual abuse and severe physical abuse allegations
- Court advocacy and crisis intervention
- Referrals to area agencies and/or private therapists for on-going counseling needs (Such as Zacharias Sexual Abuse Center)
- Assistance to local police departments
- Coordinate specialized medical examinations
- A Speaker's Bureau, offering presentations and trainings to interested agencies, civic groups, ect.
When & Where
Outpost CrossFit delivers fitness that is, by design, broad, general, and inclusive. We strengthen your community. Your fitness. Your focus. Using CrossFit training methods, as well as Personal Training, Yoga, and Nutriton Programs, we elicit organic and neurological changes that prepare individuals for the unknown and the unknowable. Learn the truth about functional movement, intensity, teamwork, nutrition and general physical preparedness. At Outpost, you will learn to Live Life Better.