San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Open source. It's faster, cleaner, and more accurate than traditional methodologies -- and it's the culture the Triangle is fast-becoming known for. There's a reason that Red Hat, the first billion-dollar open source company, has built its headquarters here.
For September's “RTP 180," we're celebrating our region's fondness for open source with a speaker series that pulls from our three founding universities (NC State, Duke University, UNC-Chapel Hill), companies and communities. On September 17, we hope you will join us from 6:00-7:30, at RTP’s headquarters (12 Davis Drive, Durham, NC), for "RTP 180: Open Source All the Things.”
Our doors open at 5:00 so you can stop in right after work to grab a snack; a reception will follow after the event. We hear there will be tacos! And Gizmo BrewWorks.
See you there? Or at the "All Things Open" conference Oct 23-24 - where the world's open source leaders will convene in Raleigh.
- Jason Hibbets (Red Hat) | 10 ways to start using open source without writing any code.
- Carlos Santana (IBM) | Open Source is Cool again. Yes, even at Big Blue.
- Reid Serozi (Socrata) | Social data discovery for government agencies.
- Ray Idaszak (RENCI) | Open sourcing scientific research.
- Ian Henshaw (Triangle Open Data Day) | Triangle open data day.
- Karen Cranston (NESCENT) | Building communities around open-source scientific software.
- Vincent Balenger (Open Data NC) - Lessons from an (un)open world.
- Eric Martindale (Coursefork) | Open sourcing education.
- Professor Paul Jones "smalljones" (UNC) | 20 years of FLOSS: from seeds to trees.
Additional speakers are being updated via Triangle Wiki.
The 180° series is meant to be fun and light-hearted -- a sum of all the awesome of the Triangle. Our last event garnered some press attention and general appreciation; we hope you'll join us for the next iteration.
Our hashtag is #RTP180.
And after the event, videos of speakers will be uploaded to our YouTube channel over at www.youtube.com/user/TheRTPNC.
When & Where
The Research Triangle Park
We are the Research Triangle Park: 3 universities; 200+ companies; 7,000 acres; 40,000+ employees. Innovation - every day - right in the heart of NC.