RT week 09 Public Webinar
Thursday, June 4, 2009 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM (BST)
GLOBAL LEADERS OF RESPONSIBLE TOURISM LAUNCH PUBLIC WEBINAR SERIES
On Thursday 4 June at 13:00 BST, six leading global advocates of responsible tourism will speak and listen at a public webinar (Web-based seminar) about the present and future of their fast-expanding industry. This inauguration of a regular series of online gatherings will also serve as a call for future discussion topics and guest speakers.
The hosting sextet will begin discussing and illustrating some of the thoughts and ideas propounded during Responsible Tourism Week 2009 – an online discussion held the week of May 18-22 that focussed on responsible tourism around the world. Using examples pulled from their extensive store of experiences or promoted through their organisations, the speakers’ primary objective is to demonstrate the universal appeal of responsible tourism to a broad range of constituencies in all sectors.
6 featured presenters:
- Sally Broom, CEO of Your Safe Planet (www.yoursafeplanet.com) & Fringe Network (http://fringetravel.ning.com)
- Stephen Chapman, Founder of Make Travel Fair (www.maketravelfair.com)
- Len Cordiner, CEO of whl.travel (www.whl.travel)
- Ron Mader, Founder of Planeta (www.planeta.com)
- Kenrick Theus, Director of the International Centre for Responsible Tourism, Belize (www.icrtbelize.org)
- Valere Tjolle, Editor of Vision on Sustainable Tourism for TravelMole (www.tourism-vision.com)
Brief biographical material about the speakers can be found here.
Introductions will begin promptly at 13:00 BST.
This webinar is being run completely free of charge. Please do consider supporting the Cyclone Alia relief efforts in anyway that you can.
whl.travel started life as a development project in the Mekong region trying to find a way to get travel product from the developing world online and able to be transacted just as it is in the West.
We have local partners in the destinations who do all the things best done locally (including working directly with the local accommodation providers and with travellers) and whl.travel does all the things best done centrally (technology, web marketing etc.).