RSA Opening Minds: Subjects and skills? How can we best support young people for the challenges ahead?
Friday, March 2, 2012 from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (GMT)
An exciting one day conference, Friday March 2nd
Institute of Education, London
09:30 - 15:30
At this conference, schools interested in, new to and already practising RSA Opening Minds, can come together to hear from educationalists, key thinkers and young people and benefit from best practice advice and guidance.There will be dedicated workshops for both secondary and primary schools.
RSA Opening Minds promotes innovative and integrated ways of thinking about teaching and learning. It helps students to develop the skills they need to be creative, resilient learners, citizens and employees of the 21st century. For more information go to http://www.rsaopeningminds.org.uk/.
– Inspirational speakers - Dame Ellen MacArthur and Dr. Wendy Piatt
– Head teachers discussing the impacts of Opening Minds
– Lead practitioners sharing their experiences and best practice tips
– Students talking about the difference OM has made to their learning
– A choice of eight interactive workshops
– A marketplace of exhibitors
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.