Romberg Tiburon Center's 23rd Annual Discovery Day Open House
Sunday, October 21, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Discovery Day is our annual open house, the one day of the year when the public can visit and spend the day behind the scenes, meet our scientists and learn about their research in San Francisco Bay and beyond.
- Learn about important research in San Francisco Bay and beyond
- See the laboratories and tools our scientists use to do their work
- Meet our scientists, students and staff
- Listen to engaging talks on tracking currents and ocean acidification
- Try science activities for adults and kids alike
- Touch live marine organisms
- Listen to underwater sounds off our seawall
- Art activities for all ages and SF State Ceramics
- Support RTC's Student Association and purchase a limited-edition Discovery Day t-shirt or other merchandise
- Snacks and beverages are available for purchase to support the RTC Student Association
- Visitors are welcome to bring picnic lunches to enjoy outside
- Admission and parking for bikes and cars are free!
RTC's Discovery Day will be a featured event of the Bay Area Science Festival, a showcase of Bay Area science resources. In addition, 2012 Discovery Day will be a Partner Event of the 75th Anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Please note: there is no public transportation within three miles of RTC. Please see our Directions page for information on how to get here.
When & Where
SF State University's Romberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies
Romberg Tiburon Center is the marine and estuarine research and teaching station for San Francisco State University. Located on 34 acres on the Tiburon Peninsula, RTC's mission is to advance understanding of the world's complex marine and estuarine environments through research, education, and outreach, with a focus on San Francisco Bay.