Rohrer College of Business Spring, 2014 Elevator Pitch Competition
Friday, April 4, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
An elevator pitch is a brief overview of an idea for a product, service or project. The pitch is so called because it can be delivered to a potential investor in the time span of an elevator ride.
The following factors are esessential in a succesful elevator pitch:
- The idea/opportunity is creative, original, and memorable.
- The product and/or service addresses a real need by customers
- The market opportunity and potential returns are compelling and believable
- The pitch information is presented in a clear, concise, and logical order.
The Elevator Pitch Contest showcases the top 10 pitches. Last year's contest involved over 80 students whose pitches were reviewed by 46 alumni judges. Each competitor presented their two-minute business pitch before a live panel of judges and the winners were announced at the end of the event. The top three winners were sent to the National Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization Conference located in different venues each year. The top winner will be our automatic entry in the national elevator pitch contest.
When & Where
Rowan's Rohrer College of Business Events
Our mission is to inspire entrepreneurial innovation and business growth in the South Jersey region. We educate people and enterprises regarding the most current trends that will keep them at the forefront of the ever changing business world.
· Foster innovation among entrepreneurs, businesses, & educational institutions
· Provide information, programming, resources, & networking opportunities
· Enhance the development of human capital
· Act as mentors and advisors to business owners and students
· Provide practical solutions and creative ideas to support the growth of business