A Folsom Street Fair Pre-Event!
Thursday, Sept. 18th 2014
at the Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa / San Francisco, CA
EARLY SHOW: Doors at 7 PM, Stories at 7:30 PM
- Risk Podcast Impresario Kevin Allison
- Bawdy Storytelling favorite Lesley Jones
- Queer Iraq combat veteran Geoff Millard
- Girl Sex 101 & Bad Dyke Author-to-be Allison Moon
- Music by Rachel Lark
Back Story: So Kevin Allison came into San Francisco for SketchFest, and Dixie De La Tour told him that she was planning to do the theme 'Trigger Warning' for Folsom Street Fair because, after all, Folsom *is* the World's Largest Kink Event.
Kevin loved the theme, and is joining Bawdy for One Night Only. Expect some of the dirtiest and best stories of the year from both shows!
About Bawdy Storytelling:
Bawdy Storytelling - the Original Sex + Storytelling series, hosted in multiple cities by Sexual Folklorist Dixie De La Tour - features Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits Live Onstage. This Award-winning sex-positive performance series occurs every month in San Francisco and Los Angeles (and is growing into a National event) and features amazing & real stories of Love, Lust, and making you feel funny in your bathing suit area. Hear true tales of Carnal Wins & Epic Fails with No Scripts, No Nets, and No Holds Barred! These folks aren't reading from cue cards: this is honest-to-badness story time with incredible sexcapades and poignant, transformational tales at each and every show. Hey, you may even go home with a few new tricks for your boudoir arsenal!
RISK! is a live show and podcast “where people tell true stories they never thought they’d dare to share in public” hosted by Kevin Allison, of the legendary TV sketch comedy troupe The State. The award-winning live show happens monthly in New York and Los Angeles. It’s featured people like Janeane Garofalo, Lisa Lampanelli, Kevin Nealon, Margaret Cho, Marc Maron, Sarah Silverman, Lili Taylor, Rachel Dratch, Andy Borowitz and more, dropping the act and showing a side of themselves we’ve never seen before. The weekly podcast gets hundreds of thousands of downloads each month. Slate.com called it “jaw-dropping, hysterically funny, and just plain touching.”
- Kevin Allison is perhaps best known as a writing and performing member of The State on MTV. Popular sketches on the show starring Allison include "Taco Mail," "Mr. Magina", "Dreamboy", and "The Jew, the Italian, and the Redhead Gay." Allison came out as gay to the national media at 24 when The State began airing in 1994. Allison's most recent film and TV appearances include Reno 911!: Miami, The Ten, Wedding Daze, VH1's Best Week Ever and HBO's Flight of the Conchords. He writes for TV and for production companies like JibJab and Blue Man Group. Allison teaches sketch comedy and storytelling classes at New York University, the People's Improv Theater in New York City (where he also served as artistic director), and the Philly Improv Theater in Philadelphia.
- Geoff Millard is a disabled queer Iraq combat veteran. He was one of the first Iraq combat veterans to stand up against the war and now works in San Francisco on veteran policy and community outreach for veteran services.
- Rachel Lark is a multi-instrumentalist rock star. Also known as “that girl with the toy piano” and “this crazy chick who plays drums backwards,” Lark has been stunning audiences throughout the bay with her special blend of unique arrangements and deadly songwriting. She also doubles as half of the dream pop duo, Snow Angel, and the lead singer for local prog-rockers, Antioquia. Check her out at larksongs.com or download her new album (including her songs written just for Bawdy!) at http://rachellark.bandcamp.com/
* Line-up subject to change
* No refunds or exchanges
* General Admission seating is limited. Doors open at 7 PM; we recommend you arrive by 7:15 for good seating
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com