San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Rio Grill on Sunday, September 28th for a day of golf, food and fun at the Inaugural Rio Grill Charity Golf Classic at Rancho Cañada Golf Club! The event will benefit the JDRF and include a dinner, auction and raffle!
Join the Rio Grill team as it supports JDRF at Rancho Cañada’s West Course playing a 4-person scramble format. There will be specialty hole contests to test your golf skills and or luck with prizes galore and raffle opportunities. Following golf will be a dinner, a silent auction and raffle!
- Sip local wines
- Enjoy a no host bar.
- Taste Southwest inspired nibbles from Chef Cy!
- This event is a fundraiser for JDRF. The cost to attend is $150 per person and includes wine tasting and dinner. All proceeds go to the foundation for research to help find a cure for Juvenile Type 1 Diabetes.
- Reservations required Need to create link.Space is limited to first 150 reservations
- You can organize your own foursome or enter as a couple or single. We would be delighted to match you up with others.
- We invite your organization to sponsor a hole or review one of our several sponsorship opportunities. Sponsorship opportunities are available at need to create link.
- Even if you cannot make the event, please consider a tax deductible donation.
- 11:00 a.m. Registration until 12pm/Register for Kids Activities and Putting Contest/ Box Lunch
- 12:00 p.m. Kids activities and putting contest begin
- 1:00 p.m. Shotgun start
- 5:30 p.m. No-Host Cocktail Social/Wine Hosted and Raffle
- 6:30 p.m. Buffett Dinner
- 7:00 p.m. Awards Presentation and Live Auction
Sign up and enjoy the Rio Grill Charity Golf Classic – food, fun and laughter for all -- while supporting a great cause! For more information about Rio Grill, call (831) 625-5436 or go to http://www.riogrill.com/.
Background on JDRF:
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Driven by passionate, grassroots volunteers connected to children, adolescents, and adults with this disease, JDRF is now the largest charitable supporter of T1D research. The goal of JDRF research is to improve the lives of all people affected by T1D by accelerating progress on the most promising opportunities for curing, better treating, and preventing T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners who share this goal. Since its founding in 1970, JDRF has awarded more than $1.6 billion to diabetes research. Past JDRF efforts have helped to significantly advance the care of people with this disease, and have expanded the critical scientific understanding of T1D. JDRF will not rest until T1D is fully conquered. More than 80 percent of JDRF’s expenditures directly support research and research-related education.
Type 1 diabetes (T1D) is an autoimmune disease that strikes both children and adults at any age. It occurs when the body’s own immune system destroys the beta cells in the pancreas. Beta cells produce insulin, which is an essential hormone need by the body to obtain energy from food. The onset of T1D has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle. It comes on suddenly, causes lifelong dependence on injected or pumped insulin, and carries the constant threat of devastating complications.