Grand Canyon Rim to Rim Hike
This is a one of a kind co-ed adventure retreat where you will come to understand more deeply that with God, all things are possible. This fundraising event will include:
- Complete 5 month training program
- Coaching and accountability
- 4 days and 3 night lodging at the Grand Canyon
- Full round-trip service transportation from Phoenix
- A “wholistic” (mind, body, soul and Spirit) approach to the entire event; from day one of the training to the completion.
- A team of experienced Grand Canyon training guides
- A commemorative team shirt
- A souvenir swag-bag
- An authentic grace-filled community of people
"For when I am weak, then I am strong" 2 Corinthians 12:10
Out of state hikers must live near trainable terrain and own a smartphone in order to track training.
Due to safety reasons, Rim to Him is for the person who has been cleared by their physician for physical exercise, currently participates in 3-5x a week of physical activity, and is not more than 40 pounds overweight.
**Sunday’s hike is more advanced. This is a 22.7 mile hike (9.7 miles down. 13.0 miles up) starting at 6782 elevation with a 4263 ft. descend and a 5412 ft. ascend finishing at 8180 in elevation (quick altitude increase and steeper ascent makes this a more challenging hike.) The south to north rim hike is known for it’s beautiful colors and glorious rock formations as you ascend the north canyon wall! This is a breath-taking hike and it’s our most popular!
*** Monday’s hike is less advanced. This is a 22.7 mile hike (13.0 miles down, 9.7 miles up) starting at 8180 ft. with a 6782 ft. descend followed by a 4263 ft. ascend. Finishing at 6782 in elevation. This hike is known for it’s beautiful views from the north wall as you hike down along the winding river bed to the valley floor where the historic Phantom Ranch is found. Once you cross the Colorado River you will begin the majestic climb, tucked in the cleft of the rocks, up Bright Angel trail. People who have hiked the Grand Canyon, north to south, say it’s the way to go!
$375 non-refundable registration fee.
Each hiker agrees to fundraise $1500 in tax-deductible donations, to bring hope, through fitness/wellness, to others in need.
* Married couples will receive a combined fundraising goal of $2500