Ricki Lake's Breastmilk Film Screening and Educational Expo Atlanta
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 from 7:15 PM to 9:30 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Film Trailer HERE
Pregnancy, Birth & Baby Educational Gathering Expo
Wednesday December 4th, 2013. Seating begins at 7:15pm. 7:30pm film starts, and expo and special guest Q & A following
Aurora Cineplex is located at 5100 Commerce Parkway, Roswell, GA 30076
Keynote speakers will include Joshua Johannson, OB/GYN, IBCLC from Cheaha Women’s Health and Wellness. The Bellies to Babies Foundation is pleased to host this charity event to educate families about optimum mother and infant wellness and explore the controversy surrounding how women choose to birth and feed their babies. Breastmilk follows pregnant women and their families through their birth and first year to illuminate the truths, fictions, and controversies surrounding infant feeding. The film explores many of the arguments and emotions surrounding some of the recent media madness such as TIME’s breastfeeding cover, women nursing in uniform, and what medical experts say and do to affect the breastfeeding landscape. Keynote speaker Dr. Johannson’s work in physiologic birth and supporting breastfeeding represents the most evidence based model of health care for women in their reproductive and postpartum years. His practice represents a cutting edge model of women’s healthcare: prenatal and postpartum specialty care that includes lactation support in one practice. He will be available for a brief Q&A session at the event. Sponsored by: www.isismidwife.com
Our events have a proven record!
Hosting celebrity events and special guest speakers such as actress Mayim Bialik, PhD from “The Big Bang Theory”, world renowned midwife Ina May Gaskin, PhD(Hon.), world famous Obstetrician Michel Odent, Henci Goer, award-winning medical writer and internationally known speaker, presenting ” Preventing the Preventable Cesarean,” and the finest local specialists, and throwing the pregnancy and parenting events of the year!
With over $30,000 in donated prizes such as strollers, baby carriers, breast pumps, books, prenatal and children supplements and more, you do not want to miss out on this event.
Offering the most in pregnancy, birth and newborn care with special demos, products, giveaways, free education and more.
This spectacular event provides expectant and new parents with the following:
- Reducing toxins in your home, learn how to make your own baby wipes, shampoo, cleaners.
Optimal baby positioning tips, tools and exercises to help avoid c-sections and back labor.
Rare opportunities to meet and hear special guest speaker’s keynote presentations, providing unique childbirth and parenting education.
- Diaper Free Baby – Elimination Communication, natural approach to responding to babies’ elimination needs
- Positive Discipline Methods
- Tips, tools and tricks for dads and birth partners to assist with labor, birth and recovery.
- Different parenting methods and presentations on positive discipline for all ages.
- Pelvic floor health and safety during pregnancy, delivery and postpartum recovery.
- Nursing wear, the best fit!
- Try before you buy demos and product trials such as baby carriers, cloth diapers, breast feeding essentials and more!
- Door prizes, coupons, silent auction, and raffles to take home baby gear, products and services.
- Essential education, keynote presentations by world renowned specialists and resources.
- Entertainment for the entire family including face painting and special “kids room” with childcare optional for just $5 a child up to 4 hours per child.
- Preventing abdominal separation and splitting in pregnancy and postpartum.
- Book signing and photo opportunities with our special guests.
- Aromatherapy uses for pregnancy, birth and parenting (relaxation, comfort, diaper rash, tummy aches, compresses for engorgement…)
- Breastfeeding successfully, getting started with ease.
- Newborn care demos on baby wearing, swaddling and soothing your fussy baby.
ISIS Ob/Gyn and Midwife Services is Bellies to Babies Foundation Platinum sponsor for 2013 Atlanta and Gold sponsor South Carolina. A Boutique practice. ISIS staff gets to know each of their guests, providing comfortable exam room amenities, and most importantly, allow for extra time with the practitioners. Waterbirth options are available. ISIS midwives, Kim Storey and Beverly Tanner, are on staff to assist you in having your best birth experience.Whether it is a natural, unmedicated birth, a waterbirth, or a labor by another method, the Isis midwives are available to help guide your family and see you through your birth plan. Trying to avoid a c-section? ISIS practice maintains one of the lowest c-section rates compared to both the national and metro Atlanta averages. Check it out! Our celebrity special guests have been all over the media. Due to Mayim’s recent interview on Anderson Cooper May 18th, 2012 and Ina May Gaskin’s 6 page article and slide show in New York Times May 27, 2012, several sponsors have jumped on board and the media is contacting us almost daily. Ina May Gaskin and The Farm Midwives will also be featured in the LA Film Festival screening and documentary competition June 14th – June 24th for documentary Birth Story: Ina May Gaskin and The Farm Midwives.
When & Where
Bellies to Babies Foundation
The Bellies to Babies Foundation is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization.
Our mission is to help others helping mothers, to reduce the cultural, financial and social circumstances that prevent pregnant and postpartum women from receiving adequate care. Bellies to Babies Foundation provides grants and scholarships for quality health care services, support, and organizes charity events for organizations who provide education, services and care to mothers and babies.
Bellies to Babies Foundation's program is designed to promote change in the community. We help provide services to those women who are medically underserved, uninsured or underinsured both locally and internationally.
Our unique charity events bring in the funds needed to get projects contributing to pregnancy and postpartum health started and completed. As a new foundation founded in July, 2011, Bellies to Babies raised around $22000. These funds provided over $5000 in free breastfeeding education plus additional funds to the La Leche League of Georgia, $10000 to the birth community to start a birth center, and additional funds for the organizations in need.
Our events have a proven track record of bringing families and the professionals in the community together to celebrate for a cause.