ENOSERV and Relaytech.com have joined together to present the Relay Training Center Seminar by Rick Ashton. The student relay techs will be led through this fast-paced three-day course by a former relay technician who has had all of the same questions and problems that the trainees have encountered in the field. Rick Ashton is the owner/operator/instructor of www.relaytech.com. He has over 25 years experience as a relay technician and over 15 years experience as a teacher/mentor.
Attend the class at the Enoserv Training Facility in Tulsa, Oklahoma and you will receive presentations on:
- Quadrant Diagrams
- Phasor Diagrams
- Impedance relay characteristics
- Step-distance relaying
- Tele-communications assisted trip schemes
- Directional ground relay action
- Differential relay schemes
You will learn:
- That the square root of 3 is not magical
- How to calculate phase-phase values from phase-neutral values (not just un-faulted values)
- How to convert impedance values to Resistance and Reactance values (and vice-versa)
- How to convert primary ohms to secondary ohms (and vice-versa)
- How to calculate Symmetrical Components from any set of 3-phase voltage or current values
The class will also have a section called Relays by the Numbers which is a presentation that takes the mystery out of relay tests.
Rick is the author of numerous training aid materials including his lesson plan/reference: Relays 101 and his flagship product: Relay Training Center software.
Prerequisites of this course are that the student has high school level trigonometry and ohms law in his/her background and a previous exposure to protective relays. A knowledge of IEEE Device numbers assigned to protective relays will help the student as well. Do not be afraid that MATH is a part of this training. The class is presented in a manner that minimizes the math skills needed. ENOSERV has prepared a math refresher worksheet which outlines the Trig/Algebra functions used in the class. Comprehension of this material pre-class will ready attendees for the Relay Training Center Seminar.
Download the attendee pre-class worksheet
Map of ENOSERV location
Is there a phone number or email where I can contact the organizer with any questions? Yes; you may contact us by email: email@example.com or by phone: 918-622-4530.
Do I need to print out and bring a ticket to get in? No; you will be on a registration list used at check-in.
How do I get to the ENOSERV Training Facility? The address is: 7780 E 106th St, Tulsa, OK 74133. Some GPS maps and online maps do not show a current and correct location for ENOSERV. Google maps is correct. Also, there is a map on the ENOSERV web site depicting our location in relation to hotels, restaurants and entertainment. http://enoserv.com/map_of_ENOSERV_location.html
Does ENOSERV have corporate rates with nearby hotels? Yes; ENOSERV has corporate rates with two nearby hotels. The Hampton Inn & Suites is directly across the street and they offer a daily rate of $91, which includes a warm breakfast. The other hotel, Holiday Inn Express, is a brand new hotel that is approximately one block away. The Holiday Inn Express offer a daily rate of $85 which comes with a warm breakfast. The contact information for both hotels is listed below:
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby
8220 East Regal Place
Tulsa, OK 74133
Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Tulsa South Bixby
8405 E 102nd Street South
Tulsa, OK 74133
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Fees are inclusive of program materials and refreshments.
2. Registering constitutes a legally binding contract.
3. It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of ENOSERV to change the content and timing of the program, the speakers, the date or the location without notice. If for any reason, ENOSERV decides to postpone this class, ENOSERV is not responsible for covering airfare, hotel, or other travel costs incurred by clients. The class fee will not be refunded, but can be credited to a future class. In the unlikely event of the program being canceled, ENOSERV will automatically make a full refund but disclaim any further liability.
4. Copyright: All intellectual property rights in all materials produced or distributed by ENOSERV in connection with this event is expressly reserved and any unauthorized duplication, publication or distribution is prohibited.
If you have a disability and require special assistance during the training class, contact firstname.lastname@example.org describing your specific needs or requirements.
Expenses of training including tuition, travel, lodging and meals, incurred to maintain or improve skills in your profession may be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor.
Cancellations made within 30 days prior to event will not result in a refund or credit. There is no charge for substitutions, but you must submit a letter authorizing the transfer signed by the registered attendee one day prior to the event starting date.