ReWork Info Session 1
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM (EST)
ReWork, which was founded in Pittsburgh in 2011, is a startup dedicated to helping social- and environmental-impact organizations (nonprofit as well as for-profit) attract, hire, and retain exceptional talent. ReWork curates a national talent pool of professionals dedicated to creating positive impact in their careers, and makes this pool available to impact organizations who are hiring.
ReWork was incubated at the 2011 Unreasonable Institute, has won awards for social innovation in the Rocky Mountain region (where the second office is located), and has been featured in the Huffington Post, Fast Company, GOOD Magazine, and Forbes, and has partenred with dozens of national institutions (from Echoing Green and Ashoka to Harvard University, TEDxMileHigh, and Teach for America).
Join ReWork's Managing Partners - Nathaniel Koloc and Abe Taleb - to hear how the company has evolved over the last year and what services are available to executives and hiring managers at Pittsburgh-based impact organizations. This session will cover:
- How ReWork's search services save hiring managers weeks worth of time, thousands of dollars, and a considerable amount of stress throughout the hiring process.
- Exactly how the services work, what they include, and what they cost.
- A complete track record of what ReWork has done so far (e.g. how many placements have been made, how many people are in the talent pool).
- Insights that ReWork has learned over the last year about attracting top talent to the impact space (despite barriers such as lower salary budgets).
- How to get involved in ReWork's upcoming (March 2013) day-long event, The Scrimmage in the Rustbelt. This event (called a Scrimmage as in practice-for-the-game) will bring together 100 talented people from the ReWork talent pool (Pittsburgh locals and talent from around the East Coast) and hiring managers from impact orgs in Pittsburgh. The day includes a keynote lecture on innovation-related productivity from a Google executive, and work sessions where talent moves the ball forward on key projects for attending impact companies. Full details will be given at the info session.
We'd love to see some familiar faces, old friends and new!