Moving Beyond Cars
LA’s Alternative Transportation Celebration
We suspect Los Angeles might have a car-crazed reputation but we also know this city has a vibrant community that likes to take bikes, buses and sidewalks, too. Rethink LA is teaming up with GOOD, the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Dublab, DeLab, Green Aid, Architects Newspaper, Tommy B, APA-LA, and the A+D Museum for an event that shows how L.A. can move beyond cars. We're holding it at the exhibition Rethink LA: Perspectives on a Future City which envisions a Los Angeles fifty years in the future. And we're challenging everyone who attends to use alternative transportation.
That's right— our goal is to make this a completely car-free party.
Board a bus, take the train, ride a bike, map out a walk, jump on your scooter, hire a horse and buggy, break out your hoverboard ... just get here in a way that illustrates an L.A. that's not auto-dependent. Connect with friends and travel together. Document your trip on Twitter, Flickr or Facebook using the tag #RethinkLA. When you get to the event, we'll have an opportunity for everyone to record how they got there, where they came from, and what happened during their journey.
• Spin-artists from Dublab will be DJing
• Free beer from New Belgium Brewery
• LACBC will have a bike valet out front
• GOOD will be collecting statistics on your journey to turn into an incredible alternative transportation-based Infographic
• While on your journey, email photos to email@example.com then watch the slideshow at the party
• Document your stories with the Re/corder, journeys and creative stories will be retold by Architects Newspaper
• Drive Thru Bike Photos by Tommy B.
• Interactive urban workshops with James Rojas
• Greenaid will be talking about their Seedbombs
• GOOD Project: Imagine Your Los Angeles Street Beyond Cars will be shown and the winners will be announced.
And don't forget to document your journey with pictures, smartphone photos, and video. Prizes will be given for the best journeys!
Thursday, August 11 from $10 at the door / $5 for students or Click to RSVP Architecture + Design Museum 6032 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036
Architecture + Design Museum
6032 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036
Thursday, August 11 from
$10 at the door / $5 for students or Click to RSVP
Architecture + Design Museum 6032 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036
GETTING THERE IS HALF OF THE PARTY
Moving Beyond Cars Illustration: Lorin Brown