Did you know:
- That three different decision makers with very different needs are going to look at your resume?
- That you have less than 7 seconds to capture a recruiter’s attention?
- Customizing your resume to the job description isn’t sufficient today?
You have one chance to make an impression, is it the right one? A pretty resume with great grammar and spelling put together by a resume writer isn’t going to get you interviews because most job descriptions don’t contain the actual needs of the employer, so how can your resume show you are the best candidate?
In this course we’ll teach you everything you need to know to impress the Applicant Tracking System, Recruiter, and the Hiring Managers.
We will discuss:
- What are the different needs for the ATS, Recruiter, and Hiring Manager
- How to describe your professional experience to position you as the best candidate
- Algorithms used by Hiring Management Systems to score your resume
- How to learn the actual needs of the employer that aren’t found on the job description
- Decisive elements of the job description and which ones you should focus on
- Best practices for sending in resumes
- What language structure can you use that will determine a higher salary offering
- Differences between consulting and hybrid resumes and which one should you be using
- Resume customization checklist to use before applying to any company
- How to create a scanable resume that will pass the 7 second test
You will benefit by:
- Learning how to customize the resume to the exact needs of the employer – not found on the job description
- Optimizing their resume based on different search algorithms today’s Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) use to sort through resumes
- Earning a high score in Hiring Management Systems (HMS) that will influence the recruiter to setup a phone screen
- Negotiating a better role and/or higher salary based on improvements to the language structure used on their resumes
- Knowing how to articulate results that will impress the hiring manager
Typical seminar participants are middle to late career professionals-in-transition or self-employed entrepreneurs attracted to cutting edge job search strategies. Their professions are in a wide range such as law and accounting, health care, software engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, writing, operations, project management, and general management.
Since May 2009, ProLango has trained more than 10,000 professionals with cutting-edge job search strategies. We are the only local outplacement and career-transition company known for continually learning and sharing strategies that work as opposed to the cookie-cutter career advice found elsewhere.
Register if you:
- Don’t want to pay hundreds (if not thousands) to a resume writer that won’t produce the desired results
- Want to learn the psychology behind how to sell yourself powerfully and effectively
- Want phone calls when you submit your application
- Are tired of not hearing back from employers
- Hate hearing that you were over or under qualified for the ideal position
Who is your presenter?
Paul Anderson is a nationally recognized speaker on career transformation and also the TV Co-Host of the weekly show “How to Get a Job in Seattle,” aired on Comcast. Paul has formally written career columns for The Seattle Times' NWjobs, ABC’s KOMO 4 News, and CW's The Daily Buzz. His powerful, unique approach to career management, sales, and marketing strategies has put him in demand with professional associations, corporations, and government agencies across the country.
Anderson is the founder of ProLango, a Redmond-based career consultancy company teaching professionals-in-transition how to find their desired employment fast in this tough economy. ProLango is the host of one of the largest career mixers in the country fostering an environment where professionals can build relationships with top employers.
Paul’s empowering advice and career strategies have appeared in such media outlets as The Wall Street Journal, US News & World Report, Business Week, USA Today, The Seattle Times, and seen on the ABC, FOX, and NBC networks.
Once your registration is complete, ProLango does not issue refunds. If you're unable to attend a scheduled workshop, please contact ProLango within 2 business days and we will issue a credit, good for 1 year, which you can apply toward another ProLango workshop. If you cancel less than 2 business days of the scheduled workshop, no credit will be issued.
When & Where
ProLango Consulting Inc.
ProLango Consulting is a boutique career management and outplacement firm, which helps develop strategic plans for candidates to find employment. Instead of cookie-cutter career advice found elsewhere, ProLango interviews human resources and hiring managers in the Puget Sound area and shares this behind-the-scenes information with its clients. ProLango clients have found employment months faster than the industry average with this “insider” information.