Resume and Cover Letter Tips and Techniques
Thursday, January 23, 2014 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (CST)
The "Resume and Cover Letter Tips and Techniques" seminar/workshop will answer the following questions:
- What do recruiters / hiring managers look for in a resume?
- I keep submitting my resume, but I never hear back - why?
- How do I craft an effective cover letter that sets me apart?
- How do I use my resume to best position myself for my ideal job?
- What are the most important parts of my resume?
- What is the proper format for a resume?
- How long should my resume be?
- How should I handle gaps in employment?
- What common resume and cover letter mistakes do I need to avoid?
- And more..
- You will also receive a sample resume format at the end of the workshop that you can take with you.
Sample attendee feedback from previous Resume / Cover Letter workshops:
- "This class really helped me out. My resume was not that bad, but it does need some improvement and it put me in the right direction and also taught me how to write cover letters. Thank you!!"
- "Great recommendations given!!!"
- "Great information, provided another prospective on diffierent resume styles."
- "Very informative. The information provided during the workshop was concise and well presented. Keith set a very relaxed tone which allowed attendee's to feel comfortable asking questions. My resume will be much more effective as a result of the information from this workshop."
More information about the workshop:
- Topic: Resume and Cover Letter Tips and Techniques (Workshop / Seminar)
- Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014
- Time: 12pm – 1:00pm
- Speaker: Keith Wolf, Managing Director - Murray Resources
- Location: 800 Gessner Rd., Suite 170; Houston, TX 77024
- Light lunch included and free parking
What to bring:
- Your current resume.
- A pen and a pad of paper to take notes.
When & Where
Murray Resources is an award winning, Houston-based recruiting and staffing firm. For over 25 years we've helped high-performance organizations - including numerous Fortune 500 companies - build their teams.