Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Please Join us for Restoring Respect's 3rd Annual Conference on Restoring Civility to Civic Dialogue:
Creating a Culture of Civility
The last Presidential campaign season was one of the nastiest, least civil in modern times (and we thought it couldn't get worse than 2008!). Recent San Diego Mayoral politic have only offered more of the same. Are we stuck with a permanent politics of incivility or is there something we, the people, can do it about it? Join our dialogue as we discuss concrete ways we, the people of San Diego, can create a local culture of civic civility.
About Restoring Respect:
Restoring Respect is community initiative promoting greater civility in San Diego civic dialogue. The initiative is supported by a consortium of San Diego area academic institutions and community groups including the Catfish Club of San Diego, the San Diego Community College District and the University of San Diego.
- Dr. Carolyn Lukensmeyer, Director of the National Institute for Civil Discourse
- Reverend George Walker Smith, Founder, Catfish Club of San Diego
- Andrew T. Allen, Ph.D., Vice President and Provost, Professor of Economics, University of San Diego
- Constance Carroll, Ph.D., Chancellor, San Diego Community College District
- Cindy Marten, Superintendent San Diego Unified School District
- Jerry Sanders, President/CEO San Diego Chamber of Commerce, Former Mayor of San Diego
- Richard Barrera, Secretary/Treasurer, San Diego & Imperial Counties Labor Council & Member San Diego Unified Board of Education
- Thella Bowens, President & CEO San Diego Airport Authority
- Scott Lewis, CEO Voice of San Diego
- Martin Carcasson, Ph.D., Director of the Center For Public Deliberation, Colorado State University
- Carl Luna, Ph.D., Professor of Political Science, San Diego Mesa College