Reporting Services: From Rookie to Rockstar in a Day
Friday, August 17, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
This workshop provides an introduction to Reporting Services for report developers having no prior experience with the product by explaining how to use the development tools effectively, how to present and enhance data in a report, and how to create dynamic reports. Even if you have some experience with Reporting Services already, this workshop explores aspects of Reporting Services that are not well-documented and unintuitive, providing you with an opportunity to expand your skills and make the most of this reporting tool. In a jam-packed day of discussions and demonstrations, you learn:
- How to approach the report development process
- How to manage key components of a report project: data sources, datasets, report items, and data regions
- How to use a tablix effectively to design the layout of data with creative groupings
- How to use expressions to display data or change the appearance and behavior of a report in practical ways
- How to use report parameters with and without query parameters
- How to use data visualization features to enhance the communication of information
- How to add interactivity to reports
- How to work with pagination and rendering features to manage page layout
The features and demonstrations in this course apply to SQL Server 2008 and later, although most functionality we discuss also applies to earlier versions of Reporting Services.
Coffee and bagels/pastries will be provided in the morning, and lunch will be provided as part of the event.
Stacia Misner has over 25 years of experience with improving business practices through technology and has been providing consulting and education services for Microsoft’s business intelligence technologies since 2000. She is a SQL Server MVP, MCITP, MCTS, and has authored or co-authored multiple books about Microsoft business intelligence technologies.
When & Where
UpSearch Technology Services
Since 1977, UpSearch and its’ predecessor firms have emboldened leaders to achieve greatness through people and technology.
Our people and our culture are our greatest assets. We select people with emotional intelligence, integrity and passion for empowering leaders. The seamless collaboration of our consultants, industry experts and outsourcing partners forms the backbone of our unique approach, creating truly integrated services.
We are, above all, people with goals and values. Our goals guide what we do. Our shared values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs of our organization. They guide our actions and behavior. They influence the way we work with each other, serve our partners and engage our communities