Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Rev. Dr. Michael Barry, Director of Pastoral Care at Cancer Treatment Centers of America and the Order of St. Luke - National Capital Chapter Presents:
Release! The Healing Power of Forgiveness℠
This healing event is free of charge and open to the public breakfast and childcare is available.
Release! The Healing Power of Forgiveness℠ provides resources and education that encourage healing through forgiveness, based on Dr. Michael Barry’s Book, The Forgiveness Project. We believe that learning to forgive can positively impact your physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health. Dr. Barry is the Director of Pastoral Care at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Philadelphia.
Free copies of Dr. Michael Barry's book, The Forgiveness Project: The Startling Discovery of How to Overcome Cancer, Find Health, and Achieve Peace and a workbook that each participant goes home with utilizes the most recent scientific data relative to forgiveness research. Participants will learn about and better understand several key concepts:
- Chronic stress creates negative health consequences.
- Unforgiveness is an emotional wound that needs to be healed.
- Finding motivation to forgive is the most difficult part of the process of healing emotional wounding
- Barriers to forgiveness must be identified and overcome in order for truth to set you free from the pain of the past.
- Self-acceptance is a preferable alternative to self-forgiveness.
- The methods developed and used by CTCA to help their patients process the information learned, as well as the specific methods helpfully used by many.