San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
North Tahoe Paddle Events, inc
This year 2012 the US Coast Guard has made it clear that they are going to inforce the PFD law. Anyone not carrying a PFD will be cited. Any event organization not enforcing the law can be fined up to $6800 and their event shut down.
We may disagree with the law but it is the law and untill we or someone changes the law we have to comply. There have been several incidents at multiple paddle events that have been lucky when competitors have got in trouble. Some one will be hurt or worst if we continue as we have been. it doesn't take much talent to get offshore a couple of miles. Weather and wind conditions change fast and folks have got caught off guard. We all have to park our egos and comply with the law.
TA-HOE NALU must and will enforce the PFD law. All competitors & paddlers must have a PFD on there board to compete at this years events.
Please help us keep this sport safe for all, obey the law and spread the Aloha.
We have made some changes to this years event.
Friday August 10th: Kings Beach State Beach
- 12 noon beach set up
- 2 pm to 6:30 pm Regisgtration
- 2 pm to 6:30 Free Manufacture and Local Retailer SUP demos
- Food and Beverage court will be open from 2 to 8:30 pm
- 6:30 to 8:30 pm Live Concert
- 7 am Registration for 10 mile Distance Race
- 8 am Opening ceremony with Hawaiian Dancers and Anouncements
- 9 am Race start
- 9 am Open registration for all races
- 12 noon Grom Race (8 and under 1 mile sprint - 9 to 12 2 one mile laps)
- Free Demo's & Clinics all day
- Food & Beverage court and Exhibitor village open from 8am to 4pm daily
- 3 pm Awards
- List of Local evening events and entertainment will be posted at Registration
- 7 am Registration
- 9 am Fun Open Class & all division 4 mile race
- 10:30 am start of Elite Race
- Free manufacture demos and clinics all day long
- Food & Beverage court and Exhibitor village open fro 8am to 4pm
- 12 noon Start of Elite Survivor Race eliminations & Finals
- 4 pm awards and closing ceremony