After four years of shared success, the Southeast Michigan Regional Energy Office is still sprinting forward. We have evolved to an independent organization and are preparing to build on our strong track record of leadership, innovation and collaboration with our 23 local government members and three nonprofit partners.
Please join us in celebrating at our first annual meeting on February 26. We’ll begin with a review of our accomplishments, which include over $2.7 million won on behalf of southeast Michigan local governments for municipal energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, and a $30 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy for a residential energy efficiency program.
We want to hear what’s important to your community and the future of energy policies and practices in southeast Michigan. We invite your participation in an organizational goal setting workshop designed to identify energy efficiency priorities. With your help, we’ll explore new models for energy practices and policies that address our 21st century challenges.
Please join us on February 26th.
When & Where
Southeast Michigan Regional Energy Office
SEMREO envisions that by 2050 Southeast Michiganis a model for the rest of the State and regions throughout the country in:
- Cities collaborating to lead their communities,
- Economic, environmental, and social sustainability,
- Promoting pride of place,
- Attracting and retaining residents and businesses,
- Sustainable energy practices and policies.
SEMREO unites cities around sustainable energy outcomes by:
- Empowering local governments to make informedenergy decisions,
- Facilitating energy efficient practices through collaborations and partnerships,
- Fostering innovation in sustainability,
- Engaging, supporting and advocating for forward-thinking energy policies and practices,
- Providing expertise and resources for implementing energy efficient programs and green information.