Refresh Pre-Conference Workshop with Deborah Gray
Friday, February 8, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Refresh Conference is offering a 3hr intensive course on therapeutic approaches for professionals and practical tools for parents. Take advantage of this rare opportunity to learn from the leading expert on attachment and trauma. Deborah Gray, author of two books titled "Attaching in Adoption" and "Nurturing Adoptions" specializes in the attachment, grief, and trauma issues of children in her practice, Nurturing Attachments.
Therapists, caseworkers and parents are all welcome. No childcare is available for this event, and there is a suggested donation of $10 at the door.
This workshop will cover:
- Research that identifies best practices
- Trauma's impact on children's sense of themselves
- Methods of restoring the sense of self; in therapy and in the home
- De-sensitization techniques for children
- Working with grief and shame
- Supporting families as well as their children
- How long does therapy take?
*Mental Health Professionals: Continuing education credits and/or clock hours will be available for a $5 fee. Please bring payment on the day of training (checks payable to Cascadia Training).
When & Where
Harvest Hands Alliance
An alliance of orphan care ministries in Washington state.