RedWhiteandGrew.com Homeschool 101 August 2012
Monday, August 27, 2012 at 8:00 AM - Friday, September 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM (CDT)
About the RedWhiteandGrew.com Homeschool 101 Workshop
Note that a working Facebook account is essential to participation in the workshop.
- Are you wondering about homeschooling your preschool or grade school-aged child?
- Are you at a loss at where to begin exploring your options? Do you need help starting to homeschool?
- Are you torn between homeschooling and supplementing your child’s current education through “afterschooling”?
- Do you envision alternating between homeschooling, public/private schooling, and afterschooling in the years to come?
- Are you interested in exploring these issues in an small, supportive virtual community open to secular and faith-based approaches alike?
If you answered “yes,” to any of the above questions, then join us this summer for a private, intensive online workshop designed to help you find answers and develop plans suitable for your family.
Working with a group and two facilitators, you will:
- Learn how to locate, select and even create your own curricula.
- Discover where to find “the rules” about homeschooling in your own state.
- Puzzle through the pros and cons of homeschool groups and co-ops.
- Discover how to combat internal anxiety and “the doubters.”
- Explore ways to enhance our confidence as educators.
- Examine how to build a support system.
- Consider how to identify and refine your natural teaching abilities–and those of your children.
- Take homeschooling for a “test drive” and share your experiences (both good and bad).
Previous participants have expressed that the workshop helped them make more confident, informed decisions about their family’s education options.
For more details, visit: http://redwhiteandgrew.com/homeschool101/