STRUCTURE FOR REDUCATION LA DECEMBER 2014:
This is real world training - taught by working professionals, for working professionals and those looking to work in the field of Digital Cinematography and High Resolution Post Production.
Choose to take just the 3 Day REDucation class or continue learning RED by taking an additional 2 day special track class to encompass a full week of RED training with your focus in mind.
3 DAY REDUCATION CLASS - Taught by a team of experienced RED production and post production professionals.
Monday, December 8th - Wednesday, December 10th
Time of classes 9am-5pm
The week of REDucation begins with the 3 day REDucation class focused on hands-on learning with RED Digital Cinema camera packages (EPIC, SCARLET and DRAGON). Learn, shoot and review 4K footage on the big screen each day.
REDucation's core course is a 3 day workshop covering:
- EPIC, EPIC DRAGON and SCARLET camera build up and check out - the rental house experience with monitoring, lens choices, and testing equipment
- A complete overview of the camera menus and options
- Exposure dynamics - Shooting RED in low light, high contrast, and daylight exterior
- On set RED experience - DIT, dailies, 3rd party recorders and carts
- Daily shooting exercises emphasizing hands on time with RED cameras and accessories
- Science of RED - Bayer pattern, resolution, codec choices, wavelets and color science
- Workflow - Post house and DIY overview, archival, editing and grading options
- Screening of 4K footage from RED, Students, and REDUSERS from around the world
- HDRx, Stills, and Motion - In depth shooting exercises unsing advanced recording modes
- Data Dynamics - Management, archiving, data rates, hardware options
CONTINUE LEARNING AFTER REDUCATION
2-DAY EXTENSION COURSE
Thursday, December 11th - Friday, December 12th
Class Hours: 9am-5pm
SHOOT, POST, PRESENT (3 Day REDucation prerequisite)
Put your acquired REDucation knowledge to the test! This two-day extension allows for learning RED workflow through practical application. In a matter of 48hours, small groups will work alongside actors and RED specialists to produce a short script for presentation through the following exercises:
- Production – Lighting, sound, and performance. Basic on-set practices covered in order to best utilize the RED Epic camera for capturing performance.
- Post-Production – Native R3D/4K workflow, edited in Adobe Premiere, color graded in SpeedGrade.
- Presentation – Deliver the final film for a 4K projection onto a full theatrical movie screen.
RED Digital Cinema is taking the next step in the evolution of our various education efforts with REDucation. The goal of this effort is fully immersive, hands-on, practical training and teaching of the EPIC/Scarlet/EPIC DRAGON camera system for both on set practices and post production practices.
Looking to stay in Long Beach?
We recommend the Westin. You can book with our group rate using the link below or by calling 1-800-Westin1. Make sure you use our booking code 418108. www.westinlongbeachhotel.com/thunder-studios