STRUCTURE FOR REDUCATION DECEMBER 2011:
This is real world training - taught by working professionals, for working professionals and those looking to work in the field of Digital Cinematography and High Resolution Post Production.
Choose to take just the 3 Day REDucation class or continue learning RED by taking an additional 2 day special track class to encompass a full week of RED training with your focus in mind.
3 DAY REDUCATION CLASS
Monday December 5th - Wednesday, December 7th, 2011
Time of classes 9am-6pm
The week of REDucation begins with the 3 day REDucation class focused on hands-on learning with RED Digital Cinema camera packages (RED ONE & EPIC). Learn how to use the gear to support each package for both 4k and 2k projection.
Class topics/activities include:
- Screening of 4K footage from RED and Students
- Raw image capture and media choices
- Data management
- RED ONE and EPIC camera building
- EPIC camera menus
- Two shooting assignments at RED Studios Hollywood with full EPIC and RED ONE camera packages
- Post Production including monitoring, editing, color science and deliverables
- REDCINE X Professional overview and hands on lesson
- iPad Dailies
- Future proofing and archiving
Please visit gallery.me.com/reducation for past REDucation photo galleries
CONTINUE LEARNING AFTER REDUCATION
SELECT AN EXTENSION 2 DAY CLASS
December 8th - 9th
*2 Day Special Track classes will be held immediately after the 3 day class beginning on Thursday, December 8th and concluding on Friday, December 9th. The classes listed below are taught simultaneously. Please only select one class to attend.
Time of classes 9am-6pm
- Recommended for those who have completed the 3 day REDucation class or for those who are advanced RED users.
SHOOTING 3D WITH RED -- REDucation 3 Day class recommended prerequisite
- 2 Day special track class is an intensive "boot camp" for 3D production and post production using EPIC cameras and 3ality Technica rigs and will include practical shooting demonstrations.
- Fundamentals of 3D filmmaking and terminology
- 3D rig options and differences
- EPIC camera settings and functionality for 3D
- Budgeting, crew size and positions
- Stereoscopic video assist with QTake
- Data management and dailies workflows for 3D
- Advanced 3D production tools and meta-data workflows
- 3D color grading, mastering and deliverables
RED POST PRODUCTION -- This class focuses on:
- Post production techniques for on set grading and file preparation
- Avid, FCP and Premiere Pro Editing for RED projects
- REDCINE-X, Storm and Scratch
LIGHTING FOR STILLS AND MOTION -- Taught by Pat Grosswendt
- Attendees will be introduced to lighting styles incorporating old and new technology with old and new styles of lighting. This is a real world lighting program, with a hands on approach to teaching in real time.
- Learn the art of lighting with access to an array of the best technologies for lighting and capture. There will be multiple sets for stills and motion work and Pat will guide you through the two days showcasing basic and specialty lighting techniques.
- Renowned cameraman Vincent Laforet will be on hand to support the camera’s operation and its options.
- This class will prepare you for all lighting applications and technology.
RED Digital Cinema is taking the next step in the evolution of our various education efforts with REDucation. The goal of this effort is fully immersive, hands on, practical training and teaching of the RED ONE/EPIC camera system for both on set practices and post production practices.