NOV 12-15 REGISTRANTS: PLEASE READ THIS RACE UPDATE FOR ALL THE DETAILS ABOUT THE RACE: CHECK-IN, SCHEDULE OF EVENTS, PARKING, ETC. THANKS.
Two courses. One objective. Choose your path.
Red Bull Trail Daze brings a unique trail running competition to the trails near Robinette's Apple Haus & Winery in Grand Rapids, MI: to challenge runners to race from point A to point B on two entirely different paths to choose from. Participants will run no shorter than 3 miles and no longer than 5 miles.
Will it be the short course with more difficult terrain that will determine a champion or will they have taken the long way on the easier path? With two different trails to choose from…who knows!
Great prizes. Free donuts and cider after the run.
Brought to you by Michigan Adventure Racing.
More information at www.RedBullTrailDaze.com. See what others are saying about the race on the Red Bull Trail Daze Facebook event page.
- Registration closes at 5 pm on Thursday, Nov. 15. No registration on Friday or race day.
- Early check-in from 3-6:30 pm on Friday, Nov. 16, at Gazelle Sports GR, 3930 28 ST SE.
- Same day check-in from 8:00-8:45 am at Robinette's, 3142 4 Mile RD NE.
- Courses revealed at check-in.
- The short, hard course will be about 3 miles in length and feature a mix of on- and off-trail running. Off-trail will be in areas where the floor vegetation is fairly light (e.g., pine forest) and footing will generally be ok, but certainly more challenging than on trail. Hurdling logs and maneuvering around other vegetation is possible. Expect several hill climbs and a patch of sand dunes in exchange for the much shorter distance.
- The long, easy course will be 3.7 miles and is as flat, straight and fast as possible given the terrain. Trail is hard packed but watch for roots and leaves. A few hills at mile 1 and in the last mile but much less elevation than the other course.
- Chip timing by Epic Race Timing.
- Runners of all ages may race. We will have medals for the youngest runners while they last.
Michigan Adventure Racing's charity partner for the race is the Land Conservancy of West Michigan, which works to permanently preserve unique and vulnerable natural areas for the health of our communities, the benefit of wildlife, and the enjoyment of generations of Michiganders to come. They work with private landowners and local municipalities to permanently protect and care for properties throughout West Michigan including forests, meadows, wetlands, dunes, and waterfronts. www.naturenearby.org
Have questions about Red Bull Trail Daze?
Contact Michigan Adventure Racing LLC