Recovery Act 101 - Forum for Small Businesses
Monday, May 11, 2009 from 8:00 AM to 10:45 AM (EDT)
This event has reached its maximum capacity and is now sold out. No walk-ins will be accepted at the door. In order to get this important information into the hands of small businesses, we will be audiotaping the event and posting the content online as a podcast afterwards. Please e-mail us to get on the list so we can send you an announcement once the podcast is online.
Recovery Act 101: How stimulus dollars can help you GROW, GREEN, & STAFF your small business
Recovery Act 101:
How stimulus dollars can help you GROW, GREEN, & STAFF your small business
Come and join The City of Philadelphia's Commerce Department, U.S. Small Business Administration, and Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia on Monday, May 11 for an informative free forum at the Community College of Philadelphia.
This forum is targeted for small businesses. Attendees will learn how to access essential information and resources needed to prepare and position their businesses to participate in the new programs and initiatives created by the U.S. Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Topics discussed will be the top 10 things your business needs to do NOW to compete for new government contracts.
At our Breakout Sessions participants will learn how to:
- Locate initiatives that are approved and being put out for bid
- Bid on government contracts
- Team up with larger vendors to acquire contracts
- Determine potential business areas where initiatives are being funded
- Identify and contact major prime contractors
- Find help and financing to green their business
- And much, much, more....
Invited guests include:
- Mayor Michael Nutter, City of Philadelphia
- Mark Alan Hughes, Director of Sustainability, City of Philadelphia
- David Dickson, District Director, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Leanne Krueger-Braneky, Executive Director, Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
- Kevin Dow, Deputy Commerce Director, Office of Neighborhood and Business Services
- Fred Dedrick, PA Deputy Secretary for Workforce Development
Small Business Technical Support Agencies and resources on hand at the event include:
- City of Philadelphia Office of Business Services
- Small Business Development Centers of both Temple University and the University of Pennsylvania
- SBA Lenders
- Sustainable Business Network
- Sustainability Program Lenders
- and more....
8:00AM - Sign-in & Registration
8:30AM - Panel presentation
9:30AM - Resource workshops
10:30AM - Networking
When & Where
Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia
The mission of the Sustainable Business Network is to build a just, green, and thriving economy in the Greater Philadelphia region. We accomplish this by educating and growing a broad base of local, independent businesses and educating policymakers and the public.