Real Escape Game in San Francisco vol.5
Escape from the Magic Show
Will you be able to untie your hands and escape?
You are seated around a table. Your hands are tied to the people beside you.
On the table in front of you is a packet of bizarre puzzles.
A magician on the stage is performing some sort of sinister magic.
The people around you look baffled -- will you be able to escape before the clock runs out?
Thank you for waiting, everybody! The next Real Escape Game SF vol. 5, “Escape from the Magic Show” will take place at the San Francisco's architecturally stunning venue, The Regency Center. You will see actual Magic at the beginning of the game and your hands will be bound to your fellow teammates with around 45 inch ropes. There is nothing to fear, as you will be released upon escaping the room at the end of the game. Enjoy the great atmosphere and good luck!
* A magic show will be a part of the game itself as a clue, but it is not the main attraction for this event.
* Team size is usually 6 people, but might be required to change depending on total participants at each game. There will be multiple teams in the same room and all players will join one of each team. This is different format from Real Escape 'Room'. Please arrive early if you want to be placed on a team with your friends. In some cases, we might need to shuffle participants around to ensure team fairness. Single players are also welcome. We believe that this game can be even more enjoyable when played with new people.
Date & Time
2013 June, 13th - 16th.
-13th Thu, 5:30pm, 8:30pm
-14th Fri, 5:30pm, 8:30pm
-15th Sat, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm
-16th Sun, 11am, 2pm, 5pm
* Event duration is around 1.5 hours (Including introduction and a solution walkthrough).
* The games will begin 30 minutes later than the above times. Participants that are late after the game has already started will not be allowed in – due to inconvenience to other players.
* All aspects of the game will be conducted in English. The puzzles require no special skills or knowledge to solve. The only thing required is use of intuitive logic and deductive reasoning.
The Regency Center - Sutter Room
1300 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco CA 94109
Early bird $20 *Limited sale
* Children under 6 years of age are free of admission, but must be accompanied by an adult.
* Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to enjoy the game to its fullest.
* The players can participate in only one game during this period.
* All sales are final. Once the booking is confirmed, refunds, cancellations or reschedules are not accepted.
1. This is a game event that requires you to use your detective’s mind and your powers of deduction to escape.
2. Gather items, find codes, and solve puzzles to find the key and escape the room.
3. You can team up with other players. Strategize and cooperate – more heads are definitely better than one.
4. The amount of time you have to escape might be too short. However, failure to do so is nothing to be embarrassed about. Those mysteries are quite tough.
5. Do not worry if you are unable to escape within the time limit. We will still allow you to leave, keeping you in the room against your will is breaking the law.
6. Detective style clothes might help to sharpen your mind. Wear comfortable clothes but refrain from wearing heels.
7. If you want training before the actual game, google “Escape Game”. There are many Escape games on the net you can try.
8. Please do not spoil the fun for other participants by telling them the answers to the puzzles. That is not cool.
9. The prize is the priceless moment when you finally find the solution and everything falls into place.
Photos from past events
I have read and understand the information regarding this event and understand that I participate in this event at my own risk. I hereby attest and verify that my physical condition will allow me to participate in this event. I agree to comply with the rules and directions of event officials and their personnel. I hereby allow the use of my name and image to be used in the media and for marketing purposes, and accept that my details will be added to the total event database. I hereby acknowledge this waiver, release and indemnity discharge all persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and their servants, agents, representatives, officers and employees. This includes but is not limited to SCRAP Entertainment Inc, the various committees, members, and employees of all independent contracted suppliers to the event, local and regional councils, cities and districts and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents, volunteers, event organizers and sponsors whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributed to the act or neglect of any or more of them.
SCRAP Entertainment Inc.
Headquarters: San Francisco
Real Escape Rooms: San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles.
SCRAP Japan, Headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, has been creating immersive and adventurous puzzle events. In 2007, it produced the world’s first live action game, REAL ESCAPE GAME(REG) in Japan. REGs have been held in Japan and other Asian countries in unique places such as multiple schools, ruined hospitals, amusement parks, stadiums, and churches-and the events have built enthusiasm. In Japan, the series of TV drama, Real Escape Game TV and movies are released. SCRAP is pioneering the new genre of Real World Adventure, which has become a driving force in the world.