Register your youth group/family NOW!
The Oscar Grant Foundation of Oakland in partnership with Live the Dream Foundation will host "Reading in the Park". The event will take place on Saturday, September 17, 2011 from 10:00am -3:00 pm at Verdese Carter Park located at 96th Avenue and Bancroft Ave, Oakland California. This event will provide families opportunity to join in the joy and fun of reading with youth of all ages. There will be reading circles, activity booths and a mobile library to register attendees for free library cards. There will be food vendors, free refreshments, giveaways and raffle prizes
For more information contact Cephus Johnson at (510) 706-7558 or via email at email@example.com or visit the website http://www.oscargrantfoundation.com/events/the-oscar-grant-foundation-and-live-the-dream-foundation-of-silicon-valley-host-family-literacy-event-in-east-oakland-on-september-17-2011 or visit Ms. Marlayna Tuiasosopo via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (408)605-4481 or visit the website http://www.livethedreamfoundation.com/events.html
When & Where
Love Not Blood Campaign, (LNBC)
The Love Not Blood Campaign, (LNBC) is a 501(c)(3) organization that was founded in July 2014.
The LNBC will work to bring about an atmosphere of social justice throughout the United States by:
- Organizing and acting to change the imbalanced and unjust relationship between policing and people of color (African-descended or Black) communities,
- Working to improve the relationships between members of communities of color,
- Working to stem the tide of reactionary violence within communities of color
- Working to enact change within the criminal justice apparatus to move it towards real justice
- Working to offer compassionate care to victims of police terror and other forms of violence in the face of an assaulting legal system
Is a world where no one has the right to take the life of another and be protected/ insulated from the consequences of doing so by a system of structural racism, obfuscation and propaganda.
- To give emergency counseling
- To give legal referral information
- To develop a First Responders Family Crisis Team
- To give resource referral information for victims of crime
- To give community outreach programs ending gun violence
- To offer and teach Love to build community development
- To offer a referral to community outreach programs addressing gun violence
- To offer policy advocacy combating mass incarceration school to prison pipeline
- To aid the family through the first aftermath of a traumatic event caused by gun violence
- To give strategic survival program to allow young men and girls to become future leaders
- To offer training for Cop Watching and video recording
- To give help to families harmed by police terrorism
Live the Dream Foundation of Silicon Valley's vision is to assist and help create a environment and new world order that creates and sustains leaders that develop successful human relations and thriving economic enterprises which foster the ideals of peace, justice and equal treatment of all in a multicultural/multiethnic world.