San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Celebrate the season and the 101st birthday of native Ray Eames while learning K Street’s legacy as a hub of local commerce in this special workshop!
- Free admission for the first 101 to register in advance – OR – $20 admission for 4 advance purchase available at on this event page through 5:00 pm on Friday, December 13
- Presentation on Ray Eames’ early life and K Street connections by the Museum from 11:05 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.
- Presentations on “Sacramento’s K Street: Where Our City Was Born” by William Burg and “Weinstock’s: Sacramento’s Finest Department Store” by Annette Kassis from 11:20 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Book signing with authors William Burg and Annette Kassis from 12:15 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- 20% off select Eames Office merchandise and all History Press books in the Museum Store
- Self-guided tours of “Ray Eames: A Century of Modern Design” and all current exhibits
- Eames-inspired hands-on crafts for kids ages 5 & up from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Free parking in surface street lot on the corner of 10th & O Streets
When & Where
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, the California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires men, women and children to dream the California dream and dares them to make their own mark on history. Open Tues.-Sat. 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Bank of America Museums On Us Sun. of each month: 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Admission: adults $9.00; college students & seniors $8.00 with valid ID; youth 6-17: $7.00; children 5 & under free. For more information, visit CaliforniaMuseum.org