RapidMiner Server: Analyst and Administrator
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 8:30 AM - Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
RapidMiner Server: Analyst and Administrator
Tuesday, April 21st and Wednesday, April 22nd from 8:30 am to 5 pm
A light breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks will be provided.
Be sure to check out our Advanced Text and Web Mining Techniques course being held in the same location on April 23 and 24. Register for both at the same time to get a special discount.
Class size for this event is limited to 12 students. If the class is sold out and you wish to be added to a waiting list, contact the event organizer.
This course is a comprehensive look at using RapidMiner Server from the perspective of two key roles: analyst and administrator. RapidMiner Server provides a platform for collaboration, automation, and reporting. Since every element of a RapidMiner Server reporting dashboard is powered by a RapidMiner process, clever designers can create interactive displays that incorporate a nearly endless array of functionality to suit their business needs.
Many practical exercises for different settings will enable the participants to transfer the knowledge gained to their own RapidMiner Server installation. The class labs are hands-on, performed on the students' own laptops, so the students will be taking their actual classwork home with them to jumpstart the application of what they have learned in the real world.
After successfully completing this training, the participants will have the ability to:
- utilize RapidMiner Server as a tool for collaboration
- deploy models built with RapidMiner Studio using RapidMiner Server
- automate and schedule processes
- manage access rights for RapidMiner Server
- integrate models into their business process using web services
- design and launch web-based reports
- create interactive dashboards
- develop parameterized processes to interpret end-user feedback
- Target audience: users, analysts, developers, administrators
- Previous knowledge: foundations of data mining, and experience using RapidMiner at least equivalent to Introduction to Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Methods: lectures, discussions, individual and group work, exercises on realistic data.
Participants may introduce their own work and project specific questions in order to find particular solutions together with the trainer and other participants. The training course addresses intermediate learners and we recommend visiting the course Introduction to Data Mining and Predictive Analytics.
- Sharing data repositories
- Sharing workloads for process development
- Parameterizing processes for broader use
- Building a process library
- Reducing device-specific bottlenecks in workflow
- Deploying tested models into a production environment
- Scheduling processes
- Using triggers
- Turning RapidMiner processes into web services
- Understanding changes RapidMiner Server makes to Studio interface
- Navigating the Admin Console web interface
- Controlling user access with roles
- Managing throughput with process queues
- Exporting results to files
- Designing informative data visualizations for the web
- Creating interactive environments for ad hoc analysis
You must bring a laptop to class (Windows, Mac or Linux OS). For Windows, Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 7 is required. For Mac and Linux, Java Development Kit (JDK) version 7 is needed. Students will be provided with links to install RapidMiner Studio 6 prior to the class.
Training Facility Logistics
The training will be held in Cambridge, MA at the RapidMiner Headquarters training center. The facility is near the Alewife T (metro) stop and other public transportation. Map and directions.
There are a variety of lodging options locally and in other parts of Cambridge and Boston that are accessible to the facility either on foot, bike, or by public transportation.
The closest reliable public parking is at the Alewife T station. From Alewife to RapidMiner HQ, there is a free public shuttle, but it is only a short walk away (perhaps ten minutes).
Classes require a minimum of 3 students by April 13 to be held. If there are insufficient registrants, the class may be cancelled and all students will be refunded the full registration fee. Students should organize their travel arrangements accordingly and with this proviso.
Can't make it? Sign up for our newletter to stay in the loop on future events and classes by clicking on the Subscribe button at the top of any page on www.rapidminer.com.
Our Refund Policy: Plans change? We get it. But if you can't make it to the class, please email us at email@example.com no later than April 13. No refunds will be given after this date.
When & Where
Pioneering advanced analytics vendor RapidMiner is redefining how business analysts use data to predict the future. With an open source heritage, RapidMiner is one of today’s most widely known and used predictive analytics platforms, providing powerful solutions for a wide variety of industries.
RapidMiner focuses on the fields of predictive analytics, data mining, and text mining. The discovery and leverage of unused business intelligence from existing data enables better informed decisions and allows for process optimization.
RapidMiner serves customers globally from offices in the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Furthermore, our network of partners can support your data analysis projects using RapidMiner software products.