Jersey City, NJ - 8 HSW and 1 GBCI Credit Hours
- Business & Professional
- Saint Peters University - Dinneen Hall - McIntyre Conference Center - FREE PARKING, Jersey City NJ
April 03, 3013
6 AIA HSW CE Hours
2 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
07:45 - 08:00 AM Registration
08:00 – 09:00 AM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.| Course: IMU07C
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Kevin Martin
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
09:10 -10:10 AM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ICS06C
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Phillip Devore
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor
air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain
the importance of “going beyond green.”
10:20 -11:20 AM
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and Architectural Diversity
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: BL0002
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI Course ID: 0090005704
Provider: Dryvit System, Inc.
Presenter: JW Mollohan
1. Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance
within framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective"
insulation value and high performance.
2. Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior
3. Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and
recognize where continuous insulation must be integrated.
4. Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous
insulation to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
11:30 - 12:30 PM
Sustainable Design uses for Large Opening Wall Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: SD0001
Provider: Nana Wall Systems, Inc.
Presenter: Chuck Braun
Learning Objective 1: Familiarize attendees with terminology, capabilities, and usage of large
operable glass walls
Learning Objective 2: Provide answers of how large operable glass walls play a vital role in
sustainable /GREEN design
Learning Objective 3: Demonstrate how the function of operable glass wall systems improve
the Health, Safety, and Welfare of building occupants
Learning Objective 4: Illustrate new ideas to tke into the design process of schools, hospitals,
and other commercial applications and to help attendees through that
12:30 - 01:30 PM Lunch Sponsored by Greg Trimboli with Dynamic Closures
01:30 - 02:30 PM
2012 IECC Energy Code Review & Masonry Compliance Options
1 AIA HSW Hour | AIA Course Number: EMX-1
Changes in the Model Energy Codes, notably the 2012 IECC (International Energy Conservation Code),
are creating challenges to masonry wall systems. The presentation reviews exterior envelope R-Value
requirements and masonry wall compliance options.
1. Understand exterior wall R-value requirements.
2. Understand what Continuous Insulation (CI) is & which masonry walls offer CL.
3. Review the benefits of traditional and innovative masonry wall systems.
4. Understand design opportunities of traditional and innovative masonry wall systems
offer in terms of complying with the 2012 IECC.
02:40 - 03:40 PM
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW Hour | AIA Course Number: SDR 113
Provider: Carlisle Syntec
Presenter: Greg Jones
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations and long term service life.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.