Please join us for an evening with Simone Marean, Executive Director and Co-Founder of the internationally recognized Girls Leadership Institute (GLI). Simone will share with parents and teachers how to help girls practice assertive self-expression, emotional intelligence, and healthy relationships, preparing them for a life of personal and societal leadership. Her engaging presentation will cover the development of girl dynamics beginning in pre-school through high school.
When: Monday, September 30, 2013 - 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Where: Orange Avenue School, 901 Orange Avenue, Cranford, NJ
Simone will discuss:
- How and why girls of all ages are aggressive with one another
- The Good Girl phenomenon; how the pressures of femininity, and the socialization of girls away from conflict, influences their aggressive behavior and approach to conflict
- What girls need to avoid victimization
- The importance of emotional intelligence for healthy conflict
- The importance of a plan for healthy communication and conflict at school and at home
The presentation is for adults only.