Join us at the International Anthony Burgess Foundation to dive into an eclectic world where experimental and contemporary music mingle with jazz in performances from Trio Atem, the Raise Your Voice Ensemble and Efpi Records’ 265 Quartet.
- Steve Reich Clapping Music
- Morton Feldman Durations II
- Steve Reich New York Counterpoint
- Gérard Pesson La vita è come l’albero di Natale
- Gérard Pesson Non sapremo mai di questo mi
- Chris Swithinbank Small Atlas
Raise Your Voice Ensemble // Jenny Dyson (flute), Jon Guy (clarinet), Michael Jones (violin), Alice Purton (cello), Rebecca Lea (soprano)
- Tom Coult Seven Face Pictures (selection)
- Morton Feldman only
- Ian Vine Moon Phase
- Martin Iddon pneuma.pistis
- Georges Aperghis Récitations (selection)
- Morton Feldman Projection I
- Michael Mayhew Vinyl Radical
Trio Atem // Gavin Osborn (flute), Nina Whiteman (voice), Alice Purton (cello)
- Set of jazz-classical improvisation
265 Quartet // Graham South (flugelhorn), Anton Hunter (guitar), Rod Skipp (cello), Ben Cottrell (clarinet)
When & Where
Raise Your Voice Collective
Raise Your Voice Collective is a group of young composers and performers based in Manchester, UK, drawing on our varied backgrounds to promote new and exciting music.
Founded by Rob Guy, Steve Pycroft and Chris Swithinbank, Raise Your Voice Collective have performed music by Hannah Ashman, Tom Coult, Emily Crossland, John Davies, Luke-Matthew Iveson, Francesca Le Lohe, Mauricio Pauly, José Guillermo Puello, Camden Reeves, Sam Salem, Richard Scott and Martin Suckling among others, including several world premieres. Our musicians include Jenny Dyson, Jon Guy, Rob Guy, Christopher Jones, Michael Jones, Anna Menzies and Steve Pycroft. The collective have twice been awarded the FutureEverything Showcase Award (2010 & 2011), most recently for their exhibition of sound installations Cities of Sound, and have been featured in Sound and Music’s Artists’ Toolkit.