Enroll now in our the highly acclaimed and nationally recognized self-defense program known as R.A.D. for MEN.
What is RAD for Men
RAD stands for Resisting Aggression with Defense and is a Men's Self Defense Class.
This program's instructional objective is to provide responsible information and tactical options of self defense for men who find themselves in confrontational situations.
The program is designed to focus on the following:
- To empower men to make different dicisions when confronted with aggressive behavior.
- Educates men about their roles and responsibilities in reducng violence.
- Provides educational and physical options for men who find themselves in confrontational situations.
- Offers no-nonsense, practical techniques of defense.
- Provides realistic and dynamic hands on training.
- Provides students with a comprehensive reference manual.
- Grants all students a lifetime free return and practice policy.
This course will teach basic self-defense techniques and emphasize common sense approaches to safety on campus. Classes are taught by certified instructors from URecFit & University Police.
This session will run on three Mondays and Wednesdays (November 5th - November 28th ) to complete the course. (There will be no class November 19th and November 21st )
The class meets from 5:30pm to 7:30pm.
All participants receive a participant manual.
$ 10 - UMB Students, URecFit Members, UMB Staff, UMMC Staff, and UMB Affiliates.
$ 20 - Guest and General Public.
- Complete the registration process.
- You will receive a ticket via email. Please bring this to the first class.
The classes are held in Room LL02 of the Health Sciences & Human Services Library (HSHSL). HSHSL is located at 601 W. Lombard Street next to the SMC Campus Center.
Completion of Course
All particpants who finish the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance. Partcipants will also be allowed to attend any other RAD for Men basic course in the country at no additional cost (to keep the skills fresh).
Health & Human Services Library (HSHSL)
601 W. Lombard Street
URecFit Safety Education
This program is part of the Safety Education at URecFit.