Quality Improvement 101
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
San Jose, CA
Quality Improvement 101: Is Quality a 'Department' or What I Do?
'Quality Improvement' is more than a small department that attempts to drive change; quality improvement is the responsibility of every person who works in a healthcare facility.
Do you see ways that your unit or department could improve, but don't know how to make that happen? Do you ever wonder why things 'get better' but don't 'stay better'? Do you want to learn the key steps that need to be in place for improvement to not only happen, but to 'stick'?
There is a great saying in healthcare quality improvement... 'We can't manage what we don't measure.' Some of us are 'stuck' in the 'measurement phase' of improvement and have no time or energy at the end of the day to do anything with our data.
If this describes what you are up against, and you would like to learn about how YOU can influence and drive performance improvement in your unit or department, this is the session for you.
Class size is limited so we encourage you to sign up early.
The class will meet on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 from 9:00am - 3:00pm. Registration and coffee begins at 8:30am.
Registration fee is $50 for Bay Area hospitals/$75 for non-Bay Area hospitals and includes: Morning coffee, a catered lunch and 5 CE's
Topics for Discussion Include:
- Process Design: How can I 'fix' it if I don't 'understand' it?
- Model for Improvement: How can I 'get there' if I don't know where I'm trying to go and when I plan to arrive?
- Measurement: How measurement can guide quality improvement without becoming a burden.
- Leadership: How to motivate your colleagues to improve even when you are not 'in charge'.
- Strategies and Techniques: How to access a quality improvement toolbox to guide your efforts and ease the journey.
Refund Policy: Cancellation must be received in writing prior to June 5, 2012 to qualify for a refund minus a processing fee of $15.00.
Suggested Participants: Healthcare personnel interested in knowing more about Quality Improvement.