- Meet venture capitalist Kent Madsen of Epic Ventures and private equity investors Peter Shoemaker and Kevin Tom of Wedbush Capital.
- Learn about their funds and what they're looking for in an investment.
- Enjoy heavy pupus and networking!
- Ala Wai Pharma: Ala Wai Pharma’s permeability enhancer technology increases the oral bioavailability of influenza medications such as Relenza®, which is currently delivered through inhalation.
- Kai Medical: Kai Medical improves the quality of life of people with respiratory ailments, including sleep apnea, by developing and marketing products that are more efficient, comfortable, and effective.
- Tow Choice: Tow Choice’s mobile system allows motorists to use their smartphones to request competitive quotes from roadside assistance professionals.
Kent Madsen is a Managing Director of EPIC Venture Fund and has been a venture capitalist investing in seed and early-stage technology companies for more than a decade. Previously Kent was a Managing Director of Wasatch Venture Fund, a firm with four funds, approximately $200 million under management, and investments in 70 companies.
Peter Shoemaker is a Managing Director at Wedbush Capital, a private equity fund. He has over 20 years of experience investing in lower middle-market companies. He has structured leveraged buyouts, roll-ups, recapitalizations and growth equity for companies in a variety of industries.
Kevin Tom is a Vice President at Wedbush Capital. He was previously at KRG Capital Partners, a Denver-based private equity firm, and Wachovia Capital Markets, where he provided investment banking services to the firm's private equity clients.
Corporate & Organizational Partners:
Have questions about Pupus & Pitches 3? Contact Entrepreneurs Foundation of Hawai`i
When & Where
Entrepreneurs Foundation of Hawai`i
EF Hawai‘i helps great entrepreneurs become great philanthropists.