The great benefit of teaching tricks to our dogs is being able to apply those tricks in exciting and fun ways. This event involves the Fine Art of shaping applied to painting with paws! Curious? Join us as we shape a cute trick into a Work of Art!
You can purchase our supplies (paper/cardstock, socks, and paint) for $5, or bring your own:
- Paper, cardstock, posterboard or canvas (your choice)
- Baby socks to fit your dog's paw - one per color (can use vet wrap or an elastic to hold the sock on)
- Make-up sponges or cotton balls (optional - can be used as an additional barrier between the paint and dog's paw)
- Tempera paint (your choice of colors)
- Plastic lids, plastic plates, or styrofoam trays (for paint palettes one per color)
Additional supplies you'll need:
- Baking sheet, or a plastic or metal clipboard (if not using a canvas to hold the paper/cardstock).
- Painter's tape (to hold the paper/cardstock to the baking sheet and leave a solid border)
- Hypo-allergenic baby wipes (for clean-up)
- Drop cloth, old sheet, plastic table cloth, giant trash bags (used to keep as much paint off the floor as possible)
Don't forget to bring your hungry dog along with your clicker and yummy dog treats.
Be sure to wear clothing that you don't have a problem getting paint on!