Puppet Labs Training: New York City
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 9:00 AM - Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 4:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Puppet Master Curriculum (3 Days)
This training is ideal for those who want a Puppet jumpstart. Newer members at an organization already using Puppet, or experienced sysadmins wanting to bring Puppet into their team will get everything they need to deploy solutions.
Attendees should have at least the equivalent experience of a junior Unix/Linux administrator.
Topics covered include:
- Configuring Puppet and Puppetmaster
- Resource Types and the Resource Abstration Layer
- Virtual Resources, Exported Resources and Stored Configs
- Meta-parameters, Dependencies and Events
- Classes, Modules and Definitions
- Tags and Environments
- Puppet Language Patterns and Best Practices
The topics are covered over 3 days. Sessions will mix theory and practice, balancing lectures with hands-on exercises. Each student should bring a WiFi enabled laptop with VMware installed to participate in the labs.
- $2,195.00 by September 20, 2010; $2,395.00 on or after September 21, 2010.