Punkin Chunkin Event Tickets
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
The WCPCA holds an annual Punkin Chunkin event to raise money for the purposes of youth education and enlightenment in the areas of science and engineering as well as supporting our charity programs. We believe that Punkin Chunkin cultivates the odd, challenging, and competitive quest for distance that inspires creativity, ingenuity, teamwork, and passion. It is this very dedication that drives teams to compete using science and engineering skills and brings spectators to the gate which allows us to continue our never ending thirst to support our scholarship and charitable programs.
For the past 26 years, Sussex County, Delaware has hosted the annual Punkin Chunkin World Championships. For three days, engineers, both serious and home grown, bring their huge contraptions and give it all they've got to chunk their 8- to 10-pound pumpkin as far as it can go. This year's celebration takes place on November 2-4.
Notes (Read carefully):
- As this is a rain or shine event, tickets purchased online are NON-REFUNDABLE. Tickets may be purchased at the gates but there will be a price increase at the grate. Increase at the gate based on State services cost for police, traffic management, and emergency services but expected to be $15.00 Cash at the gate per person. Traffic lanes will also be established much like easy pass such that if you have advance tickets purchased online you will enter a faster lane for entry. The cash sale process slows down traffic accessing the field. You always have the opportunity to purchase tickets at the gate. as long as they are available.
- Maps will be provided on this site for which lanes to enter based on your ticket purchase.
- Midway Tailgate Parking is NOW A PAID ACCESS option. Tailgating means you drive right up to the action on the field behind the chunkers and you are within short walking distance of if the midway vendors selling food and other items.
- Those purchasing Midway Tailgate Parking will be directed through one gate. A map will be loaded on the site for directions. No short cuts, if you get in the wrong lane, you will not lose your spot but you will have to go back to the right lane. Traffic management for this event is critical to making sure we move in as many cars as we can on local farm roads.
- Eventbrite will send you your E-ticket for you to print once you purchase through paypal. (BRING YOUR TICKET FOR FASTEST SERVICE) Just follow the process. They also send you an email so you can go back and reprint your ticket if needed.
- Tickets are barcoded, so reproduction will not allow more than one access. Once access is entered on one barcode any additional copies will be rejected.
- IF you happen to forget your ticket, You will still gain access, but you will enter a lane that will require manually looking up your name based on your ID which will add to the time it takes to get you to the action. AVOID that line if you can. WARNING, no ID, you pay again.
For full event details, including a schedule, directions and accomodations information, please visit www.punkinchunkin.com
When & Where
World Championship Punkin Chunkin Association
The World Championship Punkin Chunkin Association (WCPCA) is a trademark, nonprofit organization that raises money for scholarships as well as youth based charity organizations like St Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Child Help, Autism Foundation, Bless our Children, and St Baldricks Foundation. In addition, we support food banks, Meals on Wheels programs, VA backed veteran programs like Home of the Brave.