Pug Partners of Nebraska Presents the 5th Annual Pug-O-Ween!
Sunday, October 27, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Pug Partners of Nebraska Presents the
5th Annual PUG-O-WEEN!!
Sunday—October 27th, 2013 12pm-4pm (Doors open at 11:45am)
National Guard Armory
72nd and Mercy
6929 Mercy Road, Omaha, NE 68106
*Rain or Shine*
ALL BREEDS ARE WELCOME!!
At the Door: Adults - $8.00 Children under 12- $4.00
(Pugs and all other breeds are FREE!!)
You’ve been waiting for it and now it’s almost here! PUG-O-WEEN 2013! Omaha’s largest annual pug gathering! Save the date now! Fun for the whole family including, kids Halloween activities, costume contests, pug races and new vendors! You won’t want to miss this!
• New Vendors
• Pug Photo Booth
• Pug Kissing Booth
• Meet our adoptable pugs
• Pug Costume Contests
• Pug Races
• Bouncy House for the Kids!
• Raffles & Silent Auction with over $6,000 worth of donated items!
• 11:45 am: Doors Open
• 12:00 pm: Costume Contest Sign-Up Begins
• 12:15 pm: Foster Recognition Ceremony
• 1:00 pm: Costume Contest Begins - Categories include: BEST HOMEMADE, SCARIEST, BEST DUO, & CELEBRITY LOOK-ALIKE. Guest judges include Jenny Olive from Q 98.5, Jackie Hanson-Roach with Taysia Blue Rescue, & Annette Jordan from Sadie Dog Fund
• 1:45 pm: Least Enthusiastic Pug Contest
• 2:00 pm: Longest Tongue Contest
• 2:15 pm: Pug Racing Sign-Up: Limited spaces available- sign up before they’re gone! $5
• 2:30 pm: Silent Auction Table 1 Closes: Must be present to win
• 2:45 pm: Furthest Traveled Pug Contest
• 3:15 pm: PUG RACING: Ready, Set, GO!
• 3:30 pm: Silent Auction Table 2 Closes: Must be present to win
• 3:45 pm: Raffle Prizes Drawn: Need NOT be present to win
Raffle Ticket Prices:
Raffle tickets are 1 for $1.00, 6 for $5.00, 12 for $10.00, 24 for $20.00 or 48 for $40.
1 Raffle Ticket is included with each paid admission.
This event is KID FRIENDLY!! We have a lot of great events planned for the kids! All ages are welcome to participate!!
Eat & Be Jolly with your pugs at Pug-O-Ween 2013!
Food will be for sale. Buy a MEAL DEAL for $6.00. Two options are the Maid-Rite deals with one maid rite sandwich, one bag of chips, one desert item, and a drink or the hot dog meal with one hot dog, a bag of chips, a desert item and one drink.
ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO PUG PARTNERS OF NEBRASKA!!
Vendors for Pug-O-Ween 2013
The Green Spot Omaha- Natural Pet Food & Supplies
• Primal Pet Foods
• Melissa Deters Photography
• Entremanure Poop Pickup
• Scentsy by Cara Waterman
• Knitted Pug Goods by Tess
• GLOW Airbush Tattoos
• Dapper Dog
• Veterinary Eye Specialists of Nebraska
Our Guest MC’s & Judges this year will be:
Jenny Olive- Chisano from Q 98.5
Jackie Roach with Taysia Blue Siberian Husky Rescue
Annette Jordan with the Sadie Dog Fund
Directions to the National Guard Armory
I-80 coming from Iowa
Take I-80 and take exit 449, 72nd street. Turn right on 72nd street and continue for about .8 miles. Turn right on Mercy Road. Go about 900 feet before turning right into the armory parking lot.
I- 80 coming from West Omaha
Take 1-80 exit 449 (72nd Street). Turn right on 72nd street and continue for about .8 miles. Turn right on Mercy Road. Go about 900 feet before turning right into the armory parking lot.
Coming from 72nd Street South
Once you pass the interstate, you will pass Grover Street, Spring Street, then the third light will be for Mercy street. Turn right and the armory will be on your right-hand side. This will be for those attendees who are staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites.
Coming from 72nd Street North
Once you pass Pacific street, you will stay in the left hand lane and turn left on Mercy Street. The armory will be on your right side
Landmarks around the armory:
Travel and Transport building is west of the armory. If you pass St. Mary’s College headed north on 72nd street you have gone too far.
The main door will lead you into the hall for Pug-o-ween. If you have a disability that does not allow you to go down stairs, please contact either Jessica Ellis at (402) 669-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange special entrance options.
Are you interested in being part of the fun? If you or someone you know would like to volunteer at Pug-O-Ween 2013! Please contact us, at email@example.com to find out how you can help!
Donations for the Raffle and Silent Auction Items
Pug Partners of Nebraska is accepting donations for raffle prizes and for silent auction donations that will benefit Pug Partners of Nebraska. We gladly accept gift cards, gift certificates, merchandise (especially dog or pug stuff!), restaurant certificates, etc. If you or a business that you know would like to donate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Your donation may be tax deductible (please check with your accountant to confirm). We also recognize all donors on our website and at the event. Any donations for the event should be sent to:
Pug Partners of Nebraska
c/o Jessica Ellis
2533 N. 49th St
Omaha, Nebraska 68104
- For everyone’s safety & enjoyment we ask that all attendees follow these guidelines:
- No adoptions will occur at this event- but you can meet some of our adoptable pugs and fill out an application. The process for adoption typically takes 1 to 2 weeks.
- All pugs must be up-to-date on required shots and on a leash.
- No dogs under 4 months allowed. Younger puppies will need to wait until next year to come to Pug-O-Ween. Sorry, this is for your pug’s health and safety.
- Please clean-up after your dogs. The clean up areas will be signified by the pink balloons.
- Please, no sick or aggressive dogs or females in heat or pregnant
- Unneutered males may be required to be kept on a 4’ leash
- There will be NO pug puppies will be for sale at this event
Pug Partners of Nebraska has reserved a block of rooms at the “Dog-Friendly” Comfort Inn & Suites located at 7007 Grover Street, Omaha (I-80 & 72nd Street, exit 449). We have secured a special rate of $89.00 per night plus tax for a standard room for Saturday October 26th & Sunday October 27th. Room rates include free breakfast with waffles, free wifi, free coffee, and included $10 pet fee.
The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Omaha just minutes from Interstate 80. The on-site Firewater Grille and Lounge is a full-service restaurant with an open-air dining area, featuring island cuisine in a family-friendly environment. The hotel features a indoor heated pool and onsite exercise room and game room.
For more information about the hotel please visit www.comfortinn.com/hotel-omaha-nebraska-NE090 If you are interested in booking a room, please call the hotel directly at 402.934.4900 and ask for the “Pug Partners of Nebraska Rate.”
Is this a pug exclusive event?
Nope! ALL breeds are welcome to attend Pug-O-Ween!
What are my parking options getting to the event?
There is a large lot directly to the west of the building. Since the event is on a Sunday there is plenty of parking for everyone!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can contact Jessica at either jess@pugpartners or 402-669-0854
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, we will have a printed copy of the tickets sold in advance. Just bring your ID with you.
When & Where
Pug Partners of Nebraska
We are a non-profit organization dedicated to purebred pugs. We rescue pugs from a variety of situations and then adopt them out to loving forever homes