San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This month, SMCLA and TechZulu are partnering to celebrate "United We Share, a month long celebration of 7th anniversary of the founding of the International Social Media Club and it's amazing members. All month long we will unite in shining a spotlight on the international community, including livestreaming our May event - a deep dive into Publishing 2.0
The publishing industry has gone through massive disruptions in recent years from advent of online book sales, to the closing of bookstore and the growth of ebooks. We are in the early stages of a total transformation of the inner workings of publishing. Social media has transformed the way books are marketed and sold. Now social media is even transforming the way books are made, with crowdsourced teams and publishing platforms that are as easy to use as Wordpress is for blogging.
We are thrilled to introduce our amazing panelists who will discuss about how these changes affect publishers, bloggers and social media professionals.
- Nolan Bushnell, Serial Entrepreneur, Founded Brainrush, Atari, Chuck E. Cheese, Etak, ByVideo, Axlon, uWink. Author of new book, "Finding The Next Steve Jobs" released via Net Minds
- Tim Sanders, CEO Net Minds Publishing, Author, Speaker
- Mark Jeffrey, Cofounder & Chief Product Officer at Glossi, Author and CEO & CoFounder ThisWeekIn, Inc.
- Babette Pepaj, Founder at BakeSpace, Inc, creator of Cookbook Cafe, a DIY publishing platform
- Cross Campus - for generously donating space for the event
- Pizza Antica - for this month's drawing giveaway - $20 gift cards!
- Peddler's Creamer - serving up delicious bicycle-churned organic dairy and non-dairy ice cream for all attendees
- The Rise and Fall of Books, a documentary film - for this month's drawing giveaways, including t-shirts, posters, and DVDs!
SPONSOR THIS EVENT
We rely on your tickets, donations, and sponsorships to keep our events low cost for everyone to join in. If you are interested in sponsoring an event, please contact Board member Charles Miller at @chasmiller or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMCLA MINI BOILERPLATE
Want to learn more about SMCLA? Check out our blog: socialmediaclub.la
Follow us on Twitter: @SMC_LA and our livetweets at hashtag #SMCLA.
Join the conversation on our Facebook Page: facebook.com/socialmediaclubLA We're also on Foursquare and Google Plus.
More questions? Email us at socialmediaclubLA@gmail.com
When & Where
Social Media Club Los Angeles
Social Media Club Los Angeles designs monthly educational networking events focused on new and emerging social media trends and tools for business, case studies, and best practices.
We strive to bring in speakers and hold interactive sessions and workshops useful to social media newbies and experts alike.
Join SMC today at http://socialmediaclub.org/membership