Psychology in Design
Monday, March 17, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
Psychology In Design
Monday, March 17th from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Ashley Karr, M.S., AUXP User Experience Designer, Architects and Schemers
Applying basic tenets of Positive Psychology during design evaluations can help teams cooperate and be more productive. This means that evaluators must discuss the positive aspects of the design at least as much as the negative.
This class is best for anyone, but specifically for individuals involved in the development & design processes. The outline of the class will be as follows:
1. Overview of positive psychology.
2. Examples of how to apply positive psych to the design process.
3. Apply examples to their own and their partner's designs. (They will work in pairs and evaluate each other's designs.)
4. Generate new ideas for applying positive psych to the design process and share ideas with class.
5. Apply those examples to their own and their partner's designs.
for more information: http://interactions.acm.org/blog/view/positivism-in-design
1. How to apply positive psychology to design evaluations.
2. How to apply positive psychology to relationships with team members.
3. How to create a healthy, functional team environment.
4. How to move past creative blocks and have more fund designing.
5. How to be a decent person, even while at work.
Bring a design - any design - and the tools you need to show it to others and to work on it during the class (i.e. a laptop).
About the Instructor:
Ashley Karr, M.S., AUXP is a human factors engineer focusing on human computer interaction (HCI) and user experience (UX) research and design. She loves tea. She hates advice. She cares more about people than things and prefers peace and quite to technology. This is why she designs and designs well.
Can't make it? Sign up at http://generalassemb.ly/la to stay in the loop on future events and classes.
Our Refund Policy: Plans change? We get it. But if you can't make it to a class/workshop, please email us at email@example.com at least 7 days before the scheduled event date. No refunds will be given after this timeframe.
General Assembly @GA_LA is a New York born global community transforming thinkers into creators through skills based education in technology, business and design with campuses located in New York City, London, Berlin, San Francisco, Sydney, Boston and now...Los Angeles!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.