Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
I think I want to buy a DSLR...
- What features matter?
- What’s a megapixel anyway?
- What causes blur or that grainy look?
- How do different lenses matter?
- How do I remove a distraction from that perfect shot?
- How can I get the best photo if I can’t use a flash?
- How do I keep photos organized on the computer?
- Are there any handy smartphone applications?
Jim Baker and Hayes Wilson navigate DSLR owners through:
- DSLR Basics | Sep 15 (including those considering a DSLR purchase) This session introduces the key concepts that give DSLR’s more flexibility to capture the image. You’ll understand the basic settings of shutter speed, aperture, and ISO and how they influence the result and give you more choices to not miss the shot you want.
- Advanced DSLR | Sep 22 We’ll explore settings in more depth and apply those to real-world examples such as sports, low light & night, & portraits. By end, you’ll start to feel comfortable taking your camera out of that “Auto” mode and using the other modes that give you more control.
- Post Processing + Organization | Sep 29 Struggling with what to do with all those pictures? This session will walk through how to organize photos and process them for viewing or printing. Some easy steps can help a photo turn out as you want or repair small issues. We’ll include an overview of popular applications.
Please note: This series is a workshop for those with digital single-lens reflex cameras. Do bring your camera ! ! !
When & Where
PRUMC: Peachtree Road United Methodist Church
Peachtree Road United Methodist is a warm, traditional church in the Buckhead community of Atlanta, Georgia. Hospitality has always been a hallmark of our congregation and we welcome all to worship with us. Our multi-generational membership is committed to outreach in our community, and personal growth through diverse study opportunities. We have a rich history, and continue to create new traditions.