ProVAL Workshop at New Mexico DOT
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 at 1:00 PM - Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at 12:00 PM (MST)
This workshop is designed to:
- familiarize attendees with the current version of ProVAL - the Profile Viewing and Analysis software (www.roadprofile.com).
- refresh some of the key fundamentals of pavement profiling and analysis methods.
- inform attendees of the advantages, limitations, and pitfalls related to analyzing and interpreting pavement profiles.
- provide an interactive and hands-on approach throughout the workshop.
Cliff Lucas, NMDOT D2, 575-637-7248, Cliff.Lucas@state.nm.us
Lorraine Crane, NMDOT D2, 575-637-7203, Lorraine.Crane@state.nm.us
All registrations should be sent to Patricia Ragan of NMDOT by mail, email or fax.
Pat Ragan, NMDOT D2, Office: 575-637-7208, fax: 575-637-7217, Patricia.Ragan@state.nm.us
12:30pm Setup and Check Computers and Software
12:50pm Session 1 - Introduction and Overview
01:20pm Session 2 - Fundamentals of Pavement Profiling
02:10pm Session 3 - Vehicle Ride and Ride Indices
03:10pm Session 4 - Cross-Correlation and Profiler Certification Module
04:10pm Hands-on Exercises and Discussion
04:30pm Adjourn for Day 1
08:00am Session 5 - Power Spectral Density (PSD)
09:00am Session 6 - Smoothness Assurance Module (SAM)
10:20am Hands-on Exercises
11:30am Session 7 - Review and General Discussion
11:50am Conclusion and Workshop Evaluations Noon Adjourn
- There will be approximately 20 seats available for NMDOT district Two, and another 20 seats for other districts. Limited to 40 attendees.
- Each participant would receive a bound copy of workshop notebook.
- Attendees would need to bring their lap top computers for the hands-on exercises. There will be some extension cords but make sure the battery is fully charged on computer.
- The ProVAL version from the Download webpage is NOT the version we will use for the workshop. The ProVAL workshop requires a special version of ProVAL customized for the hands-on training. Installation of the workshop version of ProVAL on your computer prior to the workshop is needed since it requires administrative right for that specific computer.
Workshop attendees need to visit the workshop preparation page (to be posted one week before the workshop) for further instructions including workshop software download, etc.