ProVAL Workshop at GDOT
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
Forest Park, GA
This workshop is designed:
- To familiarize attendees with the current version of ProVAL - Profile Viewing and Analysis software.
- To review some of the fundamentals of pavement profiling and analysis methods.
- To inform attendees of the advantages, limitations and pitfalls related to analyzing and interpreting pavement profiles.
- To provide an interactive and hands-on approach throughout the workshop.
08:30 am ProVAL program setup and check up
09:00 am Session 1 - Introduction and Overview
09:30 am Session 2 - Fundamentals of Pavement Profiling
10:00 am Break
10:15 am Session 3 - Vehicle Ride and Ride Indices
11:15 am Session 4 - Profile Comparison
12:00 pm Break (Lunch, not provided)
01:30 pm Session 5 - Power Spectral Density - PSD
02:15 pm Session 6 - Smoothness Assurance Module - SAM
03:00 pm Break
03:15 pm More Hands-on Exercises
04:00 pm Session 7 - Review and General Discussion
04:30 pm Conclusion and Workshop Evaluations
05:00 pm Adjourn
- Workshop participants are asked to bring their laptop computers for hands-on excercises and are encouraged to bring recent pavement profile data to analyze.
- A link to the workshop version of ProVAL software will be emailed to online registrants about a week before the workshop.
- Only online registrants requesting hard copies (rather than PDF) will be guaranteed to receive printed handouts.
If you would like more information or have questions or comments regarding any of the topics presented at this workshop please contact:
The Transtec Group, Inc.
6111 Balcones Drive, Austin, TX 78731 USA
Phone: (512) 451-6233 ext. 236 Fax: (512) 451-6234
jennifer (at) thetranstecgroup (dot) com (replace quoted text with symbols)