Special pricing for our first ProtoHack Houston event! 50% off all ticket levels. Make sure not to miss out on this special event pricing!
ProtoHack exists to show non-coders that they can create something amazing from nothing. We empower and enable the non-technical community with the tools, knowledge and connections that will help bring their idea to life and visually communicate it through prototyping.
Want to keynote our event?
Interested in keynoting our event? We're always looking for high-quality speakers! Our keynotes are generally non-technical entrepreneurs, but we have had entrepreneurs from all walks of life.
Contact us at info(at)protohack.org if interested.
How does it work?
- This event is completely code free. Instead you will use prototyping tools, drag and drop editors, mockups, wireframes and anything else you can think of to VISUALLY demo your idea on stage. (We’ve put together the best tools for non-coders, so don’t fret if you’ve never prototyped.)
- We encourage you visit our learning page to learn the different prototyping tools available out there before coming to the event. You'll have ample time to learn, but the more you prepare for this event the better experience you'll have.
- You can choose to prototype alone or form a team with other participants and decide on an idea together. Teams can be up to 5 people.
- Prototyping/hacking will start around 11a and you'll have until 745p to submit your idea. (Remember, you are creating a lean prototype of your idea and it doesn't need to be perfect. The focus should be on visually showing what the idea is.)
- At the end, you or your team will present on stage to a panel of judges consisting of developers and investors to get feedback.
ProtoHack will be a 12-hour experience where you will build a prototype that communicates an idea visually.
- Learn how to effectively use industry leading tools to put together a prototype and visually communicate your idea.
- Meet other like-minded people with various backgrounds in design, business, marketing, product management and more who are all excited and passionate about building something.
- Become a better product person with a deeper understanding of UX.
- Exclusive access to over $500 in prototyping tools and sponsor related goodies.
- We will also invite developers who are looking for new projects, to come and watch the presentations so they have a no-pressure opportunity to contact you if they’re interested in helping you actually code your prototype.
Save This Event
When & Where
ProtoHack helps you bridge the gap between the "Aha" moment and "now what do I do?" Founded in 2014, ProtoHack hosts events happen across the world to help entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life in over 25 cities spanning 9 countries around the world. Flesh out your idea into a strategic plan, perfect your pitch and create a solid business presentation in 12 hours.