Please join us for a national conference on Promoting Community Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to Prevent Tick-Borne Diseases. The conference will be held March 30-31, 2011 (8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time) at the Holiday Inn National Airport, 2650 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, Virginia.
- Protecting Children in Schools and Outdoor Environments
- Creating Institutional Structures for Community Level IPM
- Role of Landscape Planning in Tick Management
- Public Outreach Strategies to Reach Targeted Populations
- Protecting Oudoor Workers Exposed to Ticks
- Population-Based Prevention Strategies
- Research Strategies
- Summary of Research Needs and Knowledge Gaps
The agenda (4 pp PDF) provides additional information on the session and the scheduled presenters.
Holiday Inn National Airport
2650 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA 22202
Participate via Webinar
If you are unable to join us in person, you can participate via Webinar. You must register for each day of the two day Webinar separately:
(Note: Webinar participants should register using these links rather than through the Register button under the Ticket Information header which is intended for on-site participants.)
Webinar presentation of the meeting sponsored by RISE (Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment)
The closest Washington Metrorail station is Crystal City (Blue/Yellow lines) but please note that the Metro is approximately seven blocks from the hotel. Besides walking, there are two transportation alternatives from the Metro to the hotel:
- complimentary Holiday Inn Crystal City Business Shuttle - runs from 6:15 AM to 6:45 PM departing on the 15 and 45 of every hour.
- taxis are available at any of the hotels near the Metro station
From Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), the Holiday Inn offers complimentary shuttle service from 5 AM to 12 AM.
Driving and Public Parking
Directions are available from the hotel website. Public parking, at a daily ($6) or overnight ($16) rate, is available in the hotel garage.
A block of rooms had been reserved at the Holiday Inn National Airport for a rate of $211 per night. Reservations for the "IPM" group rate must have been made by March 1, 2011. Call 703-684-7200 to make reservations or you can reserve a room online.