***Regular Registration will open on Tuesday, April 8th 2014 @ 10:00 a.m.***
The Bridges Summer Writing Program is almost here! Take part in Project Ink, a three week summer creative writing camp for students entering 2nd to 8th grade in the fall of 2014
At Project Ink, students will develop their love for writing. As they use their imagination to create their own fictional story, students will also learn practical tips and useful techniques to become better writers. They will practice skills for prewriting, organizing, drafting, revising, editing and publishing a finalized story.
Other areas of study during the three week class will include:
- the elements of a story;
- creating a setting, mood, and suspense;
- characterization through description, action and dialogue;
- developing a logical and intriguing plot structure;
- writer’s craft through the writing process;
- descriptive and sensory detail writing;
- improving expressive vocabulary in writing;
- use of figurative language;
- and revising, editing and proofreading skills.
Step 1: Choose a session
Session One: Monday, June 30 to Thursday, July 17
Session Two: Monday, July 21 to Thursday, August 7
Session Three: Monday, August 11 to Thursday, August 28
Step 2: Choose morning or afternoon
Morning Session: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Afternoon Session: 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Step 3: Choose a grade level
Lower Elementary: entering 2nd to 3rd grade
Upper Elementary: entering 4th to 5th grade
Junior High: entering 6th to 8th grade
***Project Ink will be at our NEW LOCATION in Irvine at 16470 Bake Parkway, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618 near the Irvine Spectrum.***
- If a class is full, can I get on a waitlist? Yes. To get on the waitlist, please go to the PROJECT INK WAITLIST to submit all the required information. We will email you if any registrations are cancelled or if we open up a new class.
- How much does it cost? $350 per student. However, you will also be charged additional fees from our registration services provider in the amount of $20.24. Therefore, for each registration, the total amount is $370.74.
- How long is each session? Three weeks.
- Should I enroll my child in more than one session? Students are more than welcome to sign up for more than one session. Keep in mind that every session will cover the same material, so your child would only benefit from writing multiple stories.
- Are there any refunds for cancellations? There are NO REFUNDS. Please confirm your child’s summer schedule and your vacation schedule before registering.
- If I already registered my child, but my child can no longer attend, can I transfer my child’s registration to another child? There are no transfers of registration to another child permitted.
- Can I change sessions? You can change sessions, but there is a transfer fee of $30.90 on EventBrite. Here are EventBrite's transfer instructions.
- What if my child has to miss some days during Project Ink? The structure of Project Ink requires all students to be present every day. Due to the number of students in each class and the substantial amount of curriculum the teachers must teach every day, the BRWI teachers will not be able to take away time from other students to help absent students catch up. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you do not pull your child out of class.
- Can I register for my friend’s child? No. We can only accept registrations from parents or legal guardians. Please do not register your friend’s child. The parent’s child (or his legal guardian) must register on their behalf.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (949) 651-1075 x102.
Bridges Institute (NEW LOCATION)
16470 Bake Parkway, Suite 100
Bridges Reading and Writing Institute, Inc.
INSPIRING SMILES : BRINGING BACK THE JOY OF READING AND WRITING
We specialize in teaching the JOY of reading and writing to students in 2nd grade through 8th grade. Not only are we experts in all the current trends and contemporary methods of teaching reading and writing, but, more importantly, we know how to use those methods to help any student develop a genuine and unique joy for reading and writing. Visit us at www.brwi.org for more information.
If you have any questions, please submit a contact request or email us email@example.com.
We are located at 16470 Bake Parkway, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618.
Please visit us as www.brwi.org for more information.